CairnTalk

Goodbye to My Teddy Bear

tlwtheq

Yesterday, Teddy Bear lost his life to the lymphoma that was making it miserable.  We took Teddy and Nelly to Assateague Island on Wednesday, 11/04.

Teddy couldn't walk, so we outfitted a wagon with hi-tech rubber wheels with padding and blankets.  We walked up and down the beach that way.  Saw some ponies, sniffed some horseshoe crab remains.  Ate some treats on the way out and back.  It was a good day.  If my last day on earth is that good, I will be satisfied.

IMG_0422.JPG

• Like 9

Max and Nelly
signature.jpg.1a2f02ae93418630654caf879c6d4783.jpg

Bless you Teddy Bear. Rest in peace with your family that's gone ahead and waiting. You had a great life with folks who loved you very much.

So Sorry Tara. Thankful you have Nelly to take care of you.

So sad to hear this. Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. Teddy Bear and the others are watching over you, they have the same great memories that you do. Hold Nelly close...

Rest in peace little Teddy. I am so glad you have Nellie to cuddle up to and keep you company while you mourn the loss of your sweet boy. Big hugs Tara.:hug:

Until one has loved an animal, a part of  one's soul remains unawakened.  - Anatole France

Adventures with Sam &Rosie

So very sad and sorry to read of your loss, Tara. I hope the knowledge of the loving care and devotion that you gave to Teddy will help to ease your pain.

FEAR THE CAIRN!

Oh I am so sorry to hear this. I suspect Teddy was welcomed with puppy kisses from Sweet Pea and Ollie and his other furry friends. How kind of you to give him such a lovely farewell. 

I hope you and Nelly can comfort each other during this difficult time. I'm glad she got to meet and spend time with Teddy before he said goodbye. 

"as far as i am concerned cairns are the original spirit from which all terriers spring, and all terriers are cairns very deep down inside." pkcrossley

Too much loss in too little time, Tara.  I can only send you virtual hugs, but wish I could do so much more. 

I can say that each of your wonderful pets must have thrived in the circle of love you provided. I don't think a dog could want for more.

Oh Tara, so sorry to hear this. You and yours have had a tough year with loss. In time that loss will minimize and you will smile with memories of the happy times.

God speed Teddy Bear.

Sassy Jan 22, 2005

AM. CH. THARRBARR LITE MY FIRE ZOMERHOF

So sad for you Tara. As others have said, Teddy had a wonderful life full of love and adventures. What a beautiful last day he had at your very special place. I am glad you have Nelly. Wishing you peace.

So sorry to hear about Teddy Bear, he had a lovely life with you and is now reunited with his pals and those others who have passed before including Holly!  And what a lovely day out you have him on Wednesday.

Nelly will miss him but will soon recover from her loss [sooner than you I suspect] and will give you lots of comfort and pleasure.

Thinking about you.....

www.cairnterriertalk.co.uk

Tara I am so sorry for your loss.  This has been a horrible year of loss.  What a beautiful photograph and beautiful final gift.  

You are in my thoughts, and I send you light and love.

I know it's never easy to say goodbye, no matter how long you have them- especially these cairns they seem to drill a deep place into your heart.....thinking about you.

We always have room up here in Canada especially for Cairn Terrier lovers.

Edited by Min D

Tara, I am so sorry for the loss of your beloved Teddy. You've had far too much loss and sorrow this year. I'm glad you all had a special day together before his passing. My thoughts are with you. Many hugs...

so very sorry. you both fought the good fight, and in a way you won --as you say, it was a blissful end for him. he knew he was greatly loved and greatly cared for. my best to you and your family. 

I am so very sorry for your loss, it's so hard when we lose members of our family and you've had more than enough loss this past year.   I hope that your memories of happy times together with your pack comfort you in the days ahead, hold Nelly close to you, she will be a huge comfort to you.  Sending you hugs in this sad time. 

Rest in Peace Teddy Bear------run free with Sweet Pea and Ollie

So sorry for your loss. Teddy Bear had a great life with you. Nelly will comfort you after this terrible year. Remember the good times. Hugs to you.

Account Deleted

So sorry to hear about your loss, we lost our precious Moggie to the same disease a couple of months ago.  Peace to you and your family.

Mary

We might be able to adopt another one of Kelli Winkler's baby girls named "Raven".  Raven's about 2.5 years younger than Nelly.  As a point of (re)introduction, I found Kelli when asking Lydia Hutchinson (Wolfpit Cairns) about adopting a Cairn child.  Nelly and Raven have lived together for a while before we adopted Nelly.  I think it might work out. Kelli loves Cairns as much as we do.  She thinks Nelly and Raven belong together.  I agree.  Will keep everyone posted.

• Like 9

Max and Nelly
signature.jpg.1a2f02ae93418630654caf879c6d4783.jpg