CairnTalk

My Teddy Too-too

pkcrossley

That is such a touching story. I am so sorry he has passed. I send you hugs:hug:I am very glad someone so caring and loving got to take care of him.

• Like 2

I am just shocked, pk, and very sorry and sad for the loss of your Teddy. I remember your posts about him from day one. Nobody could have given him a better life than you did. He grew in mind, body and spirit not only because of his own Cairn spirit, but because of your utter devotion and determination to make his life count. He is one of the Cairns everyone on the forum will remember for years to come. Hugs to you and your family.

• Like 2

No truer words -

2 hours ago, Autumn & Lola said:

He is one of the Cairns everyone on the forum will remember for years to come.

Every time you wrote of Teddy it was written as a proud parent.  Your love and admiration of this little partner, this gift, in your life was so evident that we could almost coddle him ourselves.  Through your writings we could sympathize, visualize him in his environment and love both of you enormously.  Teddy taught you and you taught Teddy and that's just the best of the best.  So sorry for the loss of this sweet little soul.

PS Love Teddy's picture. 

• Like 3

Elsie, Max, Meeko & Lori

My heart aches for you, pk.  It's almost overwhelming, the dear friends we have lost this year.

Yesterday I was reading the latest issue of National Geographic.  The cover article is about blindness; how doctors and researchers are working to find a cure and how they have developed some very promising treatments.  I thought of Teddy while reading it.

You gave Teddy an amazing life full of love and adventure despite his blindness and other health issues.  For that, you should be very proud.

I imagine Redmon gave Teddy a warm welcome at the bridge.

• Like 4

Teddy knew about making the most of life no matter what. You gave him that chance. His picture is precious. So sorry for your loss.

• Like 1

So sorry Teddy has left us. I remember when you brought him home Redmon and you wore bells so Teddy could hear where you were. Like that line in It's a Wonderful Life, every time a bell rings an angel gets its wings. Redmon and you handed out thousands of wings helping out Teddy.

Then there was the time the shunt had to be fixed. Long drives to the vet to make sure everything was ok.

And the chewing he did on your cabinet door. Oh well puppies will be puppies.

This sure is heartbreaking news. As mentioned already pk you gave Teddy the best care a dog in his condition could get. He responded and gave you a fantastic little buddy.

Hugs to you from Malcolm, Oscar (the parrot) and me.

• Like 2

PK I have admired your steadfast dedication to giving Teddy the very best life that this little wee Cairn had from the day you told us about him.  The care and love you gave this little broken Cairn, when others were ready to end his life, is beyond any words that I can even bring to mind.  Your heart must be broken. And how courageous you are to give all the rest of us advise, when you never let on that little Teddy was gone. The world would be a way kinder place if more people like you cared so deeply for the well being of our animal companions.

Teddy no doubt is being well looked after by Redmon. I have no doubt about it. Try not to dwell on why, because in the end it doesn't matter. Teddy lived an amazing life, because of your love for him. No living creature on this earth could ask for more.

• Like 9

Until one has loved an animal, a part of  one's soul remains unawakened.  - Anatole France

Adventures with Sam &Rosie

Dear PK,

Words cannot express the shock and overwhelming sadness I felt, reading your post. Your love kept precious Teddy alive and thriving. In spite of his enormous challenges, fate smiled on Teddy when you found him. In the midst of your grief, I hope you can also smile at the good fortune that brought this remarkable companion to you!

Edited by sanford
  • Like 2

FEAR THE CAIRN!

PK, I'm sorry hear to about Teddy.  

I remember his story of how he came to you and still have emails from Katie McDonough.  I was happy when you took him in, and we were able to hear of his life with Redmon.  

I love the picture above, it reminds me of the video of him and Redmon playing in your yard in VT.   

I am so sorry for your loss. It seems that we just get to know them and then they are gone. So sad, that we have lost so many this year. Like Redmon you will see Teddy again.

• Like 1

Sassy Jan 22, 2005

AM. CH. THARRBARR LITE MY FIRE ZOMERHOF

Oh, I'm so sorry to hear about Teddy.  What a brave little Cairn he was and so lucky to have angels who looked out for him and helped live and thrive.  I'm sure Packy is taking him under his wing and already asking if he wants to learn how to fish.  

• Like 5
Jandy and my Cairns, Kirby & Phinney 

So sorry to hear about Teddy. It must have been a tough summer for you. I too hope you can be at peace with not knowing exactly what happened, but knowing that he had the most wonderful life possible with you. I must admit that whenever I think of Teddy, I get a flash of his wood carving on your furniture, and think how admirable of you to love even this about him! I will always smile when I think about Teddy. Such a beautiful photo.

• Like 1

Oh my.....I cannot hug you enough to make it better. But my prayers are that with such wisdom coming from Teddy and life that he passed that on to you and your family. Such LOVE came off the pages of reading about Teddy and Redmon.

You have helped so many on this forum, myself included. Your help with our dear departed Ashes goes with out saying. You have made my life such a blessing.

YOU BETTER STAY and WRITE as much as possible!!!!  You mean so much to this family that we could not be without you in our lives!!!!!

I thank you for giving yourself time to be able to write such a wonderful passing about a wonderful, loved, funny friend Teddy!!!

Many, many, many prayers and hugs of love flowing from this home to yours!!!!:hug:

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, shergry said:

YOU BETTER STAY and WRITE as much as possible!!!!  You mean so much to this family that we could not be without you in our lives!!!!!

Well said shergry. PK is a much valued member of this family. Her advice is so important everyone would be at a loss without it. And more hugs to you PK.

• Like 4

I am very sorry for the loss of Teddy.  He understood he was loved and safe with you and because of that he thrived.  He was a inspiration for many and the world is a better place because he lived in it for a few years.

Who rescued whom?

Adding him to the list of cairns I've never met but shall always miss. I haven't been on this forum quite as long as some so I was not aware of Teddy's history, but I knew your love for him, and your advice and encouragement for us all here has been not only admirable but irreplaceable.  Thank you for making this site a little richer and warmer, even as we share your pain with you. Sending many hugs and tail wiggles from Nikki. 

• Like 2

Sweet Teddy - I so remember reading your story as it unfolded and was so pleased you found the perfect forever home.  And so you shall remain in the forever home of our hearts.

Hugs & best wishes for peace and healing to your family.

• Like 1
Becky & Tanner

PK - my heart goes out to  you. I know it has been a few months, but the pain of loss still creeps in in so many ways for so long.  This is a place full of people who understand that.

It's so hard when it's unexpected, isn't it? Teddy faced so many problems -- yet he also seemed to face life full force. And that is what you shared with us -- his quirks, his habits, his enjoyment of his time here.  I know people are telling you that he was lucky to have you -- and he was - but I know how lucky you must have felt having him too.  

I lost my T Bone suddenly a few years ago and it was a small consolation that he went as I would choose to -- quickly, without a lot of prolonged pain or illness, at home, in bed. I hope you can accept Teddy's quick death as that kind of small consolation too. 

He was a great little dog.

What a beautiful tribute to a beautiful being.  Teddy touched us all here, and is missed.  I will never forget what a kind soul Teddy was, keeping Redmon company through his illness.  

You are in my thoughts.  OX

Sorry for your loss, I certainly understand the delay--grieving can get in the way of objectivity, preventing the kind of noble tribute you made above for Teddy.  You did good for your little companion, just the right amount of celebration and pain--he would, I believe, approve.  Hearts and souls must heal and I hope your path to that point is quiet and smooth.  

• Like 2

My heart is just aching. I am so sorry for your loss. I have no words as every one else has said it for me. You are in my thoughts and prayers.

so very sad at this news. He blessed your life as you blessed his. May your heart  heal and of course treasure your memories of a special dog. Keira and I morn with  you.