CairnTalk

Gus's birthday present

Islander

What a beautiful picture of Gus!  What's he watching?

• Like 1

Until one has loved an animal, a part of  one's soul remains unawakened.  - Anatole France

Adventures with Sam &Rosie

Happy Birthday, Gus!  You are a handsome boy. What a lovely photo and what lovely steps you got for your special day! :)

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Terrier lover said:

What a beautiful picture of Gus!  What's he watching?

So much to attend to out in the wild! We were in a very undeveloped park and we saw no other hikers but a few mountain bikers and their dogs. Gus is on guard lest they encroach on our picnic territory.

He seems to like the stairs! 

All in all, a great birthday full of yummy treats.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, pkcrossley said:

he looks pretty proud of his steps. is he using them?

Gus has some experience with these stairs, as when I take care of his mini daschund pal, an identical set comes along with him. So he started using his new set right away. 

I'm not sure whether he is using them to come down, because he always stays in bed until he hears me open the kibble container, and then rushes downstairs. I will have to try to catch him in the act!

Happy birthday Gus! You look mighty powerful at the top of your staircase, surveying your kingdom.

Did you catch a birthday snake?

• Like 1

"as far as i am concerned cairns are the original spirit from which all terriers spring, and all terriers are cairns very deep down inside." pkcrossley

What a great birthday gift Gus!  You look quite proud sitting there at the top of the steps.  Happy Belated!! :cake:

• Like 1

Elsie, Max, Meeko & Lori