CairnTalk

Well Padded Cairns

bradl

Very clever Brad! Here's an additional bonus: You now have enough doggie mattresses for a sleepover for 9 Cairns! Let the slumber party begin... Ruffy's toothbrush is all packed!?

• Like 5

FEAR THE CAIRN!

Great idea Bradl!  Your are going to have some comfy Cairns now!  Hoping that Ivy soon grows our of the de-zipping and de-stuffing/shredding stage!  

A friend has done similar to you with old duvets.

• Like 2

www.cairnterriertalk.co.uk

Love this upcycling! They look really smart!  I thought exactly the same as Sanford - sleepover at Brad's!  Lola has her passport at the ready - and she especially likes the green and pink one. :D

• Like 2

Excellent idea!  Buffy is packing as we speak.  She wants to know if Sassy will be there so they can chase the boys together.

• Like 3

That is awesome Brad! 

Kelly is packing too, said she is ready to chase the boys. Prissy said she's ready, but she'll hang back and let the younger girls chase the boys. :lol:

• Like 2

OOH.......! I'm coming if there's going to be girls chasing boys! I'll be wearing my shiny red and black brindle coat. I'll be smelling of evening primrose and vanilla  which I hate but am told girls love.  Angus

Angus doesn't know this yet but he's probably not coming. I don't know if he will ever grow out of chewing anything remotely soft! He'd go wild with all those beds to chew! He is an adult dog in years but............

Edited by Hillscreek
  • Like 4

Idaho Cairns

I have a mattress pad rolled up downstairs!  Now all I have to do is find those covers and our girls will have pads to rest on in front of the sliders where they guard the house!  Neat idea, never thought about recycling/repurposing the old thing.

Edited by Idaho Cairns
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, hheldorfer said:

Excellent idea!  Buffy is packing as we speak.  She wants to know if Sassy will be there so they can chase the boys together.

Sassy will chase the boys with Buffy if there are any left standing. Sassy left about 3 hours ago. Even though she lives pretty close to Brad, she is not one to give anyone a head start. Brad expect something scratching at your front door anytime now.

• Like 5

Sassy Jan 22, 2005

AM. CH. THARRBARR LITE MY FIRE ZOMERHOF

2 hours ago, remltr said:

Sassy will chase the boys with Buffy if there are any left standing. Sassy left about 3 hours ago. Even though she lives pretty close to Brad, she is not one to give anyone a head start. Brad expect something scratching at your front door anytime now.

Just received a text from Buffy.  She's still standing in the TSA security line at O'Hare.<_<

• Like 6

Rosie here,

I am also stuck in some line up at the airport.....I don't  have a Canadian passport to enter the US and customs is not buying my CKC registration papers.......humppffff

• Like 4

Until one has loved an animal, a part of  one's soul remains unawakened.  - Anatole France

Adventures with Sam &Rosie

Sassy called and said she is running late. She stopped to eat and ate all the smores she packed and is going to be taking a long long nap. She overloaded on the carbs I guess. Buffy and Rosie might have a shot at beating her to Brads.

• Like 4

Sassy Jan 22, 2005

Poor Lola. She is finally in New York, after a 30 minute train to Doncaster, and another 2.5-hour train to London, and then a 6.5 hour flight from Heathrow.  She's trying to get a cheap flight out west. She said the food on the flight was awful, and they threw out all the fish and chips she packed to share with you all before she boarded. She is not happy, as I told her one must always bring something to a party.  She wants to know if Ziggy is with Buffy! She also said if Ruffy hasn't yet left, maybe they could fly together from JFK.

• Like 3

Rosie has managed to sneak into the US , under false pretences barking that she is a Scottish delegate come to promote men wearing skirts. Oh and Haggis :P. Rosie has hitched a ride on a cheese truck(her favorite snack) and is hoping to meet up with Lola, Ziggy and Buffy at JFK. She is hoping to bump into Sassy on the way and wake her up from her sugar overload and try to find that handsome devil Angus before the other girls (Kelly and Prissy) get a hold of him! She hopes being the only Scottie going to this Cairn Jamboree, that she won't get turned away.:crybaby:

• Like 3

Until one has loved an animal, a part of  one's soul remains unawakened.  - Anatole France

Please tell Lola that Ziggy will be coming along too.  Not sure about Ruffy but Lola could give him a call.  Buffy finally got through the security line and is boarding now.  Apparently there was a bit of a dust-up when the screener tried to pat her down.:o

• Like 3

Lola is SO excited that Ziggy is coming as well!:wub:  So much, in fact, that she's forgotten all about the confiscated fish and chips!   Rest assured, Terrier Lover, Lola met up with Rosie and told her not to expect Buffy and Ziggy at JFK, as they were flying out of O'Hare, unless, of course, they are trying to rack up more frequent flyer miles. As far as Lola, Rosie and Ziggy crashing the Cairn sleepover - well, they are honorary Cairns. :D  Plus, Lola said with all the dust on the floor of the airports, she is looking a bit more like a wheaten Cairn than a Westie. ;)

No sign of Ruffy yet; maybe he's already on his way to Brad's.

• Like 4

Note from Ruffy: ATTN: Buffy, Kelly, Lola, Prissy, Rosie, Sassy, etc...Call off the chase and calm down girls! This lad is no longer "intact", ? (so to speak) ...Spare yourselves some heartache and focus your attentions on chasing more "eligible" males instead! ?

Edited by sanford
  • Like 4

FEAR THE CAIRN!

29 minutes ago, sanford said:

Note from Ruffy: ATTN: Buffy, Kelly, Lola, Prissy, Rosie, Sassy, etc...Call off the chase and calm down girls! This lad is no longer "intact", ? (so to speak) ...Spare yourselves some heartache and focus your attentions on chasing more "eligible" males instead! ?

Typical man, thinking all the girls want sex.  :lol:  These gals just want a nice game of chase and to share a rawhide, which Ruffy can certainly do.

• Like 5

And of course there is the very handsome Angus.....some equipment might be missing also, but he sure is a handsome devil.  And who want puppies anyway!!! I don't...my mum took care :halo:of that.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Terrier lover said:

And of course there is the very handsome Angus.....some equipment might be missing also, but he sure is a handsome devil.  And who want puppies anyway!!! I don't...my mum took care :halo:of that.

Thank you TR.  Fun without pups is the way to go. I actually prefer hunting. If I can get to come and we are camping I'll bring my orange vest that we hunters wear. Could be something out there somewhere waiting for me to lead the cairn pack - like in days of old. So get behind me girls and boys and let's have some real serious fun.:evil:

cairn terriers hunting.jpg

Edited by Hillscreek
  • Like 5

Lola sent a text. She doesn't know where she is, but commented on the view from however-many-miles-above, "The states all look pretty square".  I told her that was the Midwest - the heartland - the breadbasket of the USA. She was confused. "Lola, that is where all the FOOD comes from."  She understood food, no doubt about it. ;)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Autumn & Lola said:

Lola sent a text. She doesn't know where she is, but commented on the view from however-many-miles-above, "The states all look pretty square".  I told her that was the Midwest - the heartland - the breadbasket of the USA. She was confused. "Lola, that is where all the FOOD comes from."  She understood food, no doubt about it. ;)

Lola you probably have no need to go any further. You have it made in the shade, you are where all the FOOD is. You are probably pretty close to where the farm manager lives, you know the Boss Apple Sauce. You are probably in Nebraska if you see a lot of uprights wearing red or Kansas if they are wearing blue, maybe even Iowa if wearing yellow and black. To help you get your bearings, face the sun when it comes up in the morning and then face left. The Dakota's are that way.

• Like 4

Sassy Jan 22, 2005