CairnTalk

Good little dogs

Dempsy's Mom

I went to visit my sister this weekend.  She is almost blind now - lupus. They have a very nice house and they just put in a new floor.  I had never taken the dogs there and I had never asked.  The kennel is 30 miles away in the opposite direction .... I decided I would ask ..... and the hubby said ..... yes. :huh: He didn't hesitate so I decided he must be ok with it.  I loaded up both kennels, tie outs, snacks, dishes, peepee pads, etc. and away we went.  You would think that Dempsy, being the dribbler, would be the worry, but he's not.  It's little wiggle butt Elsie that worried me.  Taking kennels is so nice and really helps to elevate anxieties for the home owner and the pet owner.  Dempsy enjoyed his kennel at night and Elsie fought hers so she got her way and mom put an old sheet on the bed so Elsie butt could sleep with mom.

I am happy to report that it was successful.  Both dogs were great.  Dempsy made himself at home on the couch.  Dempsy was so cute - he truly acted as if he was on vacation. Elsie was pretty good but as I suspicioned a wiggle butt.  They started zoomies once but seemed to understand when I said "no, no".  It was beautiful weather so I put them out on the tie whenever they needed some air.  Every morning we did a 3 mile walk - which they loved.  So many good sniffers out in Rapid City.  Good trip.  

• Like 7

Elsie, Max, Meeko & Lori

11 hours ago, Dempsy's Mom said:

<<I loaded up both kennels, tie outs, snacks, dishes, peepee pads, etc. and away we went.  >>

The dogs bring as much luggage as I do! :D

11 hours ago, Dempsy's Mom said:

Dempsy made himself at home on the couch.  Dempsy was so cute - he truly acted as if he was on vacation.

Don't know why I just pictured him laid on a chaise lounge with sunglasses, saying, 'Ahhhh!' :D

• Like 3

Yup! Understand that about luggage. Between the dog stuff (kennel, food, toys, favorite blanket, second blanket to cover kennel,  leashes and dog coats for cold weather in the car) and Steve's golf clubs and and accessories - our subaru was fully packed to California and back last February. I hardly had room for my clothes!

• Like 3

Exactly - I only had one small bag - the rest of the car was packed with dog needs.  :wub: gotta love 'em

• Like 4

Elsie, Max, Meeko & Lori

Idaho Cairns

In defense of traveling with husbands and their golf bag, I will suggest that the old set of clubs provide an excellent perch for the Cairns when placed behind the front seat of the Jeep and covered with the usual dog blankets!  Our girls have ridden many thousands of miles snoozing on a set of well used Cobras and a Scotty Cameron putter!  It's either the clubs or the five or six cosmetic bags, shoe bag, accessories bag, unhung hanger bags full of women clothes and the dogs, being girls, understand and choose golf over Mom's stuff!

• Like 6

Idaho Cairns

Matter of fact, I have a picture of those two Cairn girls on that very set of clubs, in the aforementioned Jeep, taken in Western Nebraska last Fall on our "Dad's Fifty Fifth H.S. Reunion" trip.  Note the smug ennui of this well traveled pair!

girls in car on trip.jpg

Edited by Idaho Cairns
  • Like 6