CairnTalk

What Do You Put In Your Kongs?

Kate

I know this subject has probably been discussed before, but what do you put in your Kongs? I bought one for my puppy and have been putting peanut butter in it, but I don't have any other ideas. I don't want to do this every day but need some different ideas. I've thought about cream cheese, but need other ideas.

Wheezie, that's a great idea! I'll have to try that.

I have been putting baby carrots in my Cairn's Kong's. They seem to like the carrots and there are very few calories in carrots.

I'm going to buy some canned Canidae for their treat!

I put either a small dog biscuit inside, or I but the peanut butter that comes in a tube like toothpaste and I squeeze that inside, shove some small treats in it and then throw it in the freezer. Makes Cooper a happy dog. Unfortunately, he has hidden his kong from Yoda, and I have no clue as to where it may be!

pat.

Children don't care how much you know...they want to know how much you care.

I use the Kong liver treats...they don't have fat in them like the squeeze kong stuffing and no added ingredients. Freezing with canned food is something I'll definately try. Anything to give a moment or two of quiet!

I haven't tried this yet, but someone suggested to me to freeze beef or chicken broth inside it-then they can take it outside like a popsicle.

Archived