CairnTalk

Lions and tigers and panthers(?), Oh my!

sanford

Watch out Ruffy! There's a white panther behind you!

I was testing my iPad and this was the result. (I'm posting it to document one of

the rare occasions when Ruffy actually looked at the camera on demand)!

Do you think he suspects something)?

FullSizeRender-2.thumb.jpg.0bdad75a51919

• Like 8

FEAR THE CAIRN!

Panther schmanther . . . Ruffy isn't afraid of anything!

A side note:  Is that a towel (beautifully color-coordinated, by the way) draped on the couch beside Ruffy?  Almost every time someone posts a pic of their Cairn (in the house, of course) I scan the background to see the creative methods people use to protect their furniture.  :lol:

• Like 1

Ruffy doesn't seem at all fazed by the creeping panther. And you know for sure, because he is a cairn, he is totally aware of it.

Helene - we buy those fake sheepskin blankets that reverse to fake velvet at Costco. They have them out every winter, it seems, for about $15. Completely washable, and Oban loves them. Have 3 plus a fake velvet kingsize bedspread from Costco over the entire couch. Also washable, also $15. 

And it's not just Oban I am protecting the furniture from. DH puts his feet up - in shoes. And I flop down for a breather after gardening...

• Like 2

Yes, hheldorfer, that is a towel protecting a similarly-colored couch cushion. Ditto, Kathryn, that is another towel draped over the couch beneath.

Kathryn, I don't have convenient access to a Costco, so I went to Ikea for the sheepskin. I got it for Ruffy, but decided that I liked it so much I used it as a throw on the chair instead...(Don't you dare tell him)! I shelled out 30 bucks for it, but it's real - the reverse side is the bare leather sheep hide, so I think the price was pretty good, but if I was to get one for Ruffy, I would get a synthetic one as you did. Like Costco, Ikea also has them for $15.

By the way Kathryn - who is Helene??

Edited by sanford

FEAR THE CAIRN!

17 minutes ago, sanford said:

By the way Kathryn - who is Helene??

That's me, silly! :D

Regarding "couch protectors":  I probably spent more time trying to find a color-coordinated throw for our couch than I spent choosing the furniture.  Found one on Overstock for a reasonable price and it has held up well.  The only problem is that Ziggy likes to dig at it and tunnel under it, which defeats the purpose.  Buffy, on the other hand, will actually *wait* for me to put it in place before she hops on the couch.  Diva!

• Like 2

Good shot of Ruffy! What a cute little man!

I use SureFit covers on my couch and recliner. Machine washable, cover the entire couch. and they look the same as the day I purchased them 3 years ago. I have terrible allergies to the various weeds and grasses Addie brings into the house so I need them to cover all of the couch fabric. 

• Like 1

"as far as i am concerned cairns are the original spirit from which all terriers spring, and all terriers are cairns very deep down inside." pkcrossley

I love this photo of Ruffy, he is adorable......by the way, sounds like you have the same problems I do when trying to snap a photo of our Cairns.  I can put anything in front of my face with no reaction whatsoever from Maisie, but when I point a camera at her, she immediately turns her head or backs right out of the perimeter.  Odd how they seem to know.

• Like 2

Love that photo of Ruffy.  I love when they look dead-on at the camera, all serious, rough and tumble, ready for action - when really all I want to do is kiss their little gumdrop noses. :D

We cover our couches (seat only) with a thin blanket, doubled-over and tucked in on three sides. It is the exact same shade as the couches (chocolate brown) so blends in really well.  I wish we didn't have to do it, but when we have company and uncover them and the leather still looks brand new, I'm thrilled.  Lola never bothers with the upright part of the couch, so we don't cover that part.

I'm sure it's the angle, but it almost looks like Ruffy is wearing a very small and short tie and wow does he look dapper!

"as far as i am concerned cairns are the original spirit from which all terriers spring, and all terriers are cairns very deep down inside." pkcrossley

Yes, very cute pic of Ruffy.  He's probably a little mad that you got it. :D  He is so cute!

Elsie, Max, Meeko & Lori

On March 4, 2016 at 11:44 PM, _whits_ said:

I'm sure it's the angle, but it almost looks like Ruffy is wearing a very small and short tie and wow does he look dapper!

Your comment re Ruffy's "tie" gave me a chuckle! Ruffy is wearing a "Quiet Spot" tag silencer that I got online. His 3 tags are attached to his collar in the usual manner and the fabric pouch of the Tag Silencer is wrapped around them and secured with Velcro, keeping the tags from clanging against his water and food bowls. I thought Ruffy might appreciate my efforts on his behalf, but so far no response...He's so spoiled!?

FEAR THE CAIRN!

That is an awesome picture of Ruffy! He's so handsome.

I love the creative ways people have to use to protect there stuff from Cairns.