CairnTalk

"Mom! It's a big mosquiter!"

Dempsy's Mom

This morning was kinda fun.  I was really looking forward to introducing Dempsy and Elsie to their first helicopter - but it turns out Elsie was not impressed.

Just a side note:  Aphids will eat up a soybean plant in no time if the conditions are right for them to multiply - and all aphids are female (don't ask me how that works)  so since their all female their population can explode in a day.  Hope you enjoy the video.  Dempsy is still barking.

https://youtu.be/BTyKuqCWnys

PS:  They filled in under a minute and a half.  I was impressed and the weather is just right.

Edited by Dempsy's Mom
  • Like 4

Elsie, Max, Meeko & Lori

Really nice video....LOVE the land!!!!!  Our girls here were helping Dempsy ALL video!!!!  Thanks for the wake up call to listen to something they could not see, but HEAR!!  :thumbsup:

Idaho Cairns

That's quite a set up--talk about a "portable" crop spraying outfit!  We still use the fixed wing kind out here with all the dipping and climbing into small spaces.  Fun to watch, wondering about all those power lines, rotary irrigation wheels, and rock piles in the way.

I can understand why Dempsy was so worked up.  It's hard to chase something that can fly through the sky!  They probably filled up in record time because Dempsy was telling them to "Move it!".  :)

Thanks for the great video Lori.  Loved the view of the land.

Great video. Yep it is hard to chase something in the sky. Angus can feel the pain. Helicopters flew over here last summer when new gas pipe lines were going in. Most he could do was like Dempsey - tell 'em to get out fast.

Demps is really brave!

About a year ago a branch of the armed forces ran black op exercises in downtown Minneapolis - without alerting us citizens ahead of time. The exercise was at night, and apparently the copters actually flew between downtown skyscrapers. We are about a mile to a mile and a half out of downtown. The copters were so low over our house that the windows shook...

Oban thought it was just as scary as the 4th of July- and we had no notice to prepare. He scratched me hard trying to get off the bed to cover - and we were not sure what was happening either. The whole event was a PR nightmare...lots of folks including clueless elected officials were furious.

We could have used Demps to our advantage then!

Wow - I bet that was scary Kathryn.  If they would of warned you it would of been kinda cool.

The pilot is more than aware of power lines, irrigation systems and windmills.  The truck moved to a different location and it seemed like he was spraying somebody else's field, but when we went to check on his whereabouts - he had chosen to park the semi in a location that was much safer than at the field site.  A lot of planes in the sky today spraying, but so far this is the only helicopter I have seen.  Perfect day for this. 

Elsie is aware of them, but not at all concerned.  Dempsy is aware and ready to do battle whether dragonfly or big mosquiter. :)

Elsie, Max, Meeko & Lori

Wow that was really neat to watch and I loved watching Dempsy's reaction and Elsie being so laid back.  Maisie was barking right along with Dempsy through the entire video.  Maisie doesn't get voices coming out of the computer at all.  She thinks nothing of the voices coming out of the television but when she hears somebody talking or a dog barking on the computer, she goes nuts and runs around everywhere looking for them.

• Like 1