CairnTalk

Moggie on Patrol

Account Deleted

Account Deleted

My husband and I like to sit on the porch in the morning and drink a cup of coffee and we are of course joined by the canine squad (Moggie, our elderly black lab and our Yorkie).  Moggie likes to "patrol" the perimeter of the front yard...seem she to instinctively knows were the property boundaries are...always has.  She always follows the same pattern, sniffs the same blades of grass and flowers comes back for a reassuring pat on the head and starts the patrol again.

One day a lady who walks frequently in the neighborhood stops and states; " you must have one of thought invisible fences"  " she never wanders from your yard".  My husband immediately states, No, she's a Carin, a creature of habit and great intellect. The woman said, " really, why do you think she is smart"  I immediately stated, she found us at the airport and we didn't know we were lost.

Edited by moggie
  • Like 7

Did you tell us that story once - I think I vaguely remember it.  Did Moggie escape from a crate? I'd love to hear it too.

• Like 1

Elsie, Max, Meeko & Lori

Account Deleted

Thank-you guys, sure I love to remember the day our sweet little Moggie found us.  I had relocated for my job,  I was a flight nurse in a base near Mount Shasta, here in CA.  The town we lived in was near to the Oregon boarder and my husband worked for a company in Medford; the company kept him on even though we moved to the central valley as I was given a job managing a base near Yosemite.  My husband would fly up to Medford to work for a week or 2, then telecommute the rest of the time. 

One of his trips to Medford he had to take my car because his was in the shop, I rented a vehicle because I had to work a 48 hr shift and could not take him to the airport.  Sorry for the long background story.  

He returned on a Sunday I meet him at the Modesto Airport, return the rental..when we got to the car we noticed this little blackish dog under our car.  She was very timid, shaking and very skinny.  He had a hard time coaxing her out from under the car, so my big tough hubby sat on the ground and waited for her to come out.  She looked to be limping, so we took her to a local emergency vet.  After X-rays we found there was nothing wrong with her leg, but she was eating rocks. 

We found out when she thinks she is in trouble the paw comes up and the limp commences.  Yes, call us suckers, but she limped her way into our hearts and lover her and her fellow furry brother and sisters. :lol:

Proving Carin's are very smart or at least knowing an easy mark when the see one. That was July, 2007.  She still is as spunky as when she first found us but a few pounds heavier. :halo:

Edited by moggie
  • Like 6

I haven't heard that story before.  That is so precious.  Don't you just love fate. :wub: Glad you guys were on the same route that day.

• Like 1

Elsie, Max, Meeko & Lori

So glad she found the underside of your car and I think I love your husband! Lol

• Like 1

Until one has loved an animal, a part of  one's soul remains unawakened.  - Anatole France

Adventures with Sam &Rosie

Account Deleted

Yes, it was wonderful fate! And yes, my hubby is a softie....but don't tell anyone, he still thinks he's tough ;)

I love all beasts...so lovely.  Especially the relationship between homo sapiens and canis lupus familiaris.

It always warms my heart and soul.

• Like 1

Max and Nelly
signature.jpg.1a2f02ae93418630654caf879c6d4783.jpg

Great story, I love the fact that she will limp when she thinks she's in trouble, yes, Cairns sure are smart little whips..  

• Like 1