CairnTalk

No Swimming or Fishing for Packy This Weekend

kjwarnold

Like many, we've had lots of rain and are experiencing flooding at Lake of the Ozarks. Yesterday they had to open the floodgates on the dam to let the lake level down but it it hasn't dropped yet. The flooding has Packy pretty darn ticked off; no swimming or fishing with all the debris in the water, turbulent currents and the danger of electrocution due to electric outlets under water.

Hopefully the water will start dropping but even if it does, our dock electric is already fried and will have to be replaced. Additionally, our beach will be a mess of trash and branches, fishing lures and other dangerous objects. Oh, and company is coming tonight bringing 3 extra dogs to join the household for the weekend. No JetSki riding for them, can't get the lift to work! Then again, they can almost fish out the living room windows!

http://i1084.photobucket.com/albums/j412/kjwarnold/Dogs/image.jpg1_zpslllhmuis.jpg

http://i1084.photobucket.com/albums/j412/kjwarnold/Dogs/image.jpg2_zps9rxyafzk.jpg

Sorry about just posting links, can't find my instructions on how to insert photos on an iPad.

Jandy and my Cairns, Kirby & Phinney 

Yikes!  Looks like you have a mess on your hands.  Hang in there Packy.  What goes up must come down.  You'll be swimming again before you know it!

P.S.  In the meantime, this may be your opportunity to hit mom & dad up for a pool.  :)

Poor Packy, Poor Kirby, Poor you. Pretty wet up here in the northern PA mountains this summer and flooding alerts apleny but nothing serious yet. 

Hope all returns to normal soon for you guys.

Oh, that's to bad.  Pool? - good idea.  I did skim though your pics and those two are so preciously cute - so that will have to tied me over till the waters reside.

Elsie, Max, Meeko & Lori

We have 3 guest dogs here this weekend. A small dog, a puppy and a rambunctious black Lab. It gets a little wild but everyone is behaving and having fun. Kirby is a bit weirded out; the small dog is a bully when it comes to toys. Peace loving Packy doesn't take her cr*p and just gives a low growl to put her in line. Amazing how she listens to him.

Anyway, the water went down enough so we could wade through to get to the dock. That was after ensuring that there were no electrical problems and the water was going to shock us! The dogs had a fun time wading on what used to be the beach. They played in about 8" of water and did get to fish. The Lab and bully dog jumped off the dock and retrieved sticks for hours. The puppy crashed way before the afternoon was over. Packy is deathly afraid of fireworks but we had a doggy dance-off which seemed to distract him. He almost won with his dancing to Brickhouse by the Commodores but Kirby jumped up to bite his butt and ended up biting a hole in my new shirt. That ended the dance so Packy didn't win. And Kirby got put in a time-out Sit-Stay. But we got through the fireworks without Packy shaking like a leaf or throwing up, so it was a successful distraction.

Happy Fourth of July everyone!

• Like 7
Jandy and my Cairns, Kirby & Phinney