CairnTalk

Greetings from chilly Pontefract

Autumn & Lola

Hi everyone!

I can't believe it's been so long since I've checked in!  How is everyone?

We've just been busy as beavers here but that is no excuse. :)  Lola had her 6th birthday last month and is starting to chill out a bit more. She still hates every other dog on the planet (except her boyfriend, Ziggy  :wub:  ), but she no longer barks-her-fool-head-off, well, at least not every time she sees one. ;)

We plan to move to the coast next year and have been searching for the perfect place for Lola (and for us ;)).  I am looking at the furball right now and she has pulled every last toy out of her toybox and collapsed in a heap on top of the pile. She's so silly.

Hope everyone is well, your families and furries.

Big hugs, :hug:

Autumn, Nick & Lola xo

• Like 3

So good to hear from you. Where along the coast would you prefer to be? Here I am in Minnesota, a thousand miles from any ocean, and I still dream of living on the coast...I am sure Lola would love it too. Oban sure loved being in California last winter.

• Like 1

So nice to hear from you.  Happy Belated to little Lola.  :party: Moving is exciting, fun.  You sound in great spirits - make sure you keep in touch. :wub:

• Like 1

Elsie, Max, Meeko & Lori

Good to hear from you!  I thought of you each time I watched Inspector Banks on TV driving around your area!  I have to admit I do not come on the Forum as often as used to though.

Which coast are you moving to?  

• Like 1

www.cairnterriertalk.co.uk

So good to hear from you. Where along the coast would you prefer to be? Here I am in Minnesota, a thousand miles from any ocean, and I still dream of living on the coast...I am sure Lola would love it too. Oban sure loved being in California last winter.

Thanks! :)  That would be the east coast of Yorkshire, England - the North Sea. :)

Thanks everybody! :D

We're not ready to move yet - still have the step-son to sort out - but still searching feverishly. :D 

Holly - I don't know who Inspector Banks is??  We want to go to Brid or Scarborough. :)

Autumn!

Yorkshire seems like such a beautiful place, and I'm so glad to hear from you!   I check the area

out on Google Earth (and other web sites) a lot.  Hey, I know it's not Yorkshire, but I just recently

found out that the Romans established London in BCE 46, and they called it Londinium.  :)

I've gotta see the isles one day.

Glad you and Miss Lola are still kicking up your heels.  Love that you're still there and thriving!

Tara, devoted mom of Olie, Teddy and Sweet Pea :wub:

• Like 1

Max and Nelly
signature.jpg.1a2f02ae93418630654caf879c6d4783.jpg

Yippee..so good to hear all is well with you and the family. We are also thinking about a move to the coast one of these years...but of course here in Alberta it's a long way to the west coast.:) how exciting for you. I can see Lola running like a mad fool along the beach and having the time of her life. Don't be a stranger...we all missed your post.

• Like 1

Until one has loved an animal, a part of  one's soul remains unawakened.  - Anatole France

Adventures with Sam &Rosie

Hey thanks, everyone. I should go away more often if I'm going to get such a nice welcome back! :D :D

I won't be a stranger any longer. Just had too much stuff going on for months but things are starting to settle down now. Still loving England and seem to fit right in, despite a few complaints here and there. :D

Tara - facts like that will come in handy if you ever have to take a "Life in the UK" test! :D

Terrier Lover - a couple weeks ago, two people thought I was Canadian. I wonder if I'm losing my accent. When I first arrived, *everyone* knew immediately that I am American, eh?

• Like 1

From my experience living in Northern Ireland, people assume Americans are Canadian once they've almost entirely assimilated to the local culture, but still have a lingering accent. That, or when you don't suit stereotypes they have of Americans. All in all - sounds like you've been accepted!

• Like 2

"as far as i am concerned cairns are the original spirit from which all terriers spring, and all terriers are cairns very deep down inside." pkcrossley

From my experience living in Northern Ireland, people assume Americans are Canadian once they've almost entirely assimilated to the local culture, but still have a lingering accent. That, or when you don't suit stereotypes they have of Americans. All in all - sounds like you've been accepted!

Very well put! I had the exact same experience in England on a number of occasions. I thought it was just me, but now, thanks to your comments, I know better!

• Like 1

FEAR THE CAIRN!

That is a nice explanation. :)

However, I was once told that if someone doesn't know whether a person is American or Canadian, they will always guess Canadian - because Americans won't be insulted, but Canadians would be insulted to be thought of as American. omg :D  A dear from from British Columbia assures me this isn't true, but I suppose she can't speak for all of Canada. :D

So good to see Lola's sweet face again. :)

• Like 1

Until one has loved an animal, a part of  one's soul remains unawakened.  - Anatole France

Adventures with Sam &Rosie

T

Holly - I don't know who Inspector Banks is??  We want to go to Brid or Scarborough. :)

Inspector Banks is a great TV series based on books by Peter Robinson that has been on TV recently.  The story takes place in a fictional town but the TV filmed round Pontefract, Castleford area.

The coast is lovely and so hope you succeed in getting somewhere good.

• Like 1

www.cairnterriertalk.co.uk