CairnTalk

Sassy the Pet Smart Janitor

remltr

Sassy likes to crawl underneath the shelves of bagged dog food. Looking for scraps. Geez, you would think I never feed her. :o

Sorry about the camera orientation. If I don't hold it perfectly level it thinks it is sideways.

Edited by remltr
  • Like 4

Sassy Jan 22, 2005

AM. CH. THARRBARR LITE MY FIRE ZOMERHOF

Hey, I never thought of that Sassy!  If my dad ever takes me to PetSmart again (fat chance; he says I'm "obnoxious" when I go there) I'll try it.  

Stupid humans.  They think we do it because we're hungry.  They don't realize that *found* food is so much better than *served* food.

Buffy

• Like 1

Ok so this is just paranoid me....do you think they would put mouse poison under their racks?

Until one has loved an animal, a part of  one's soul remains unawakened.  - Anatole France

Adventures with Sam &Rosie

Packy does the same thing, after he's screeched at the rats and ferrets for a while. You've got to have priorities, he says.

• Like 3
Jandy and my Cairns, Kirby & Phinney 

Doubt if they'd chance poisoning a potential customer.

Angus likes to check out the different brands when we go to Tractor Supply. A change from the same old same old.

I only let him do it with what I can see and then only for a time or two. Slight worry about what else he might be chowing down. He likes to check out kitty and chicken and horse supplies too. Never anything there to eat though.

• Like 1

In UK we have Pets at Home stores and Holly likes to visit the local one and have a look at the rabbits and guinea pugs (fortunately they are behind glass!), then go by the aisle where the loose pick and mix doggy biscuits are just in case anyone has dropped one or two! She has a good sniff along there, then we have to go by the toys as on one occasion she grabbed a toy whilst I was not watching her and we ended up at the cash desk with me buying her the toy as she did not want to give it up!!

And now it is one of her favourites! And has stood up to play, so can recommend a Kong Rope Bear!

The staff often make a fuss of her there too so it is nice to have at least one shop I can take her in, and so useful on a wet day too for a walk round!

• Like 4

www.cairnterriertalk.co.uk

Of course Ruffy does all of the above in the pet stores we visit, (minus the screeching!).

I'll just add what I'm pretty sure many of you might have experienced… When I take Ruffy for his late nighttime walk, one of our routes takes us past Petco, or an alternate route passes Petland, or a third route past PetTown… all within a 4 block radius. (Yes, we do seem to live in the land of pet supply heaven!). Naturally, the stores are closed at that hour, a fact that is lost on Ruffy who starts tugging and pulling on the leash from a block away. We can't pass them by without him balking/sitting/lying down in the street even though I tell him they are closed until I'm blue in the face. But of course he ignores me… an inferior species, incapable of forcing the doors open for his benefit! :lol:

Edited by sanford
  • Like 7

FEAR THE CAIRN!

Pegi does the exact same thing at Petco EVERY time we go there.  Started when she was a pup and went to classes there.  I'm not sure if she finds much, but once is all she needs.  In fact she found an Oreo at my daughters' high school field hockey game once, and had to go to the exact same place for the 4 years they were there.  Never know what treasures are there! 

• Like 2

Linda & Pegi

Cute.  Sassy was thoroughly enjoying herself and you know how we all get once we reach a certain age .... we really don't care what others think. :)  Love it Sassy!

Elsie, Max, Meeko & Lori

Oh, Hillscreek, TSC! A true smorgasbord for Packy! Chicken feed, horse feed, dog food, it's all there for the sampling...

Jandy and my Cairns, Kirby & Phinney