CairnTalk

Stella earns her CDX

bradl

:qualify:  Today Stella and I finally managed to keep it together enough to score a third qualifying leg in Open A and earn her CDX. 

What a long strange trip this has been! I'll probably write a blog post about it later but for now I could just bust my buttons with love for this little dynamo. She may have driven me crazy (and I, her) but one thing that can be safely said is that from start to finish on this journey her tail never stopped wagging and I never stopped hearing laughter (and the occasional gasp) from ringside. Gotta love a Cairn in the OB ring.  

Here's a happy-snap from the awards. I suddenly realized that Stella and I both have approximately the same demented grin :lol:

post-3-0-60369800-1421022055_thumb.jpg post-3-0-05580400-1421022055.png

• Like 7

CAIRNTALK: Questions? Need help? → Support Forum Please do not use PMs for tech support
CRCTC: Columbia River Cairn Terrier Club 

You both look very pleased! Congrats.:)

Until one has loved an animal, a part of  one's soul remains unawakened.  - Anatole France

Adventures with Sam &Rosie

• 4 weeks later...

At the end of our club meetings each month we have a "brags" segment where we raise a trivial amount of money by recounting anything we'd like to brag about on behalf of our dogs or ourselves. I'd been working on this one so long I wanted to get my dollar's worth :P so I did a parody brag:

Time between titles: 2,270 days

First leg to third leg: six months

Miles driven: 3,216

Cost of a brag: one dollar

Stella earning her CDX: priceless

That seemed to sum it up well enough I no longer need to blog about it. Now on to Utility … if either Stella or I live that long :w00t:

• Like 3

CAIRNTALK: Questions? Need help? → Support Forum Please do not use PMs for tech support
CRCTC: Columbia River Cairn Terrier Club 

CONGRATS STELLA!

"as far as i am concerned cairns are the original spirit from which all terriers spring, and all terriers are cairns very deep down inside." pkcrossley

Brad, I have always wanted to ask you this:  Did you name Stella after the character in "A Streetcar Named Desire"?  It seems appropriate because you probably spent a lot of time screaming plaintively . . . ."Stellllllllllaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!"

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

I know what an incredible amount of time, energy, love and patience went into that title! You are really to be congratulated! Wonderful to see a Cairn out there in obedience!!!!