CairnTalk

Another exhausting day

Dempsy's Mom

Demps, Elsie and I have been on the go all day.  We did a little cow work, then a little loader work and then Dempsy had to put on his supervisory hat.  Having to supervise workers is just the hardest job.  It takes a lot of energy.

• Like 2

Elsie, Max, Meeko & Lori

Yes, it would be PK, but that's an air hose.  We did have the combines out washing them.  Now we have the harvester out - spraying the dust and dirt off so we can start cutting silage Monday.  I thought we were going to get away with not cutting silage this year, but the cattle prices are strong and the crop prices are weak.  Supposed to get into the 80's next week - we just have to miss the frost tonight.

Elsie, Max, Meeko & Lori

Haha - when Demps is working that hard he loves a time out in the pool.  Yes, it would of been a bit chilly for me too.

The weather here shifts by the minute.  Lately it's been in the 70's but the next day it may be in the 60's and then pop into the 80's or what the heck we may have all the temps in one day. I can be wearing a stocking cap & jacket in the morning and by the afternoon I may be stripped down to a tank top and switch into a sweatshirt by eve.  Weird weather.  Missed our frost last night, but now I see they are threatening us again tonight.  So one more night and then we may be in the clear to complete our growing season. 

Elsie, Max, Meeko & Lori

Loved watching Demps shout out orders, he's one good supervisor.  At times, he reminded of Maisie when she gets upset at Tess for taking one of her toys away from her, she really lets her know how mad she is too!    Oh how I love these Cairn's, they are all about attitude. 

There is the little boss dog doing his job very well. He double checks to make sure things are done right. After a hard days work its time to relax in the pool. Running a farm isn't easy so he needs a little time to relax. He will probably ride in the tractors to make sure you don't miss any spots and Elsie can show you what field needs to be done next.

I made sure that Murphy watched that video.  We are very close to adding livestock to our property, which will then make us an official farm (yay!!) (hopefully by the end of October) and he needs to know what to do since his plan is to be a farm manager like Dempsy.

I hope you get everything taken care of before the real cold settles in.  "They" (who is they?) say it's going to be a bad winter.  

• Like 1

I made sure that Murphy watched that video.  We are very close to adding livestock to our property, which will then make us an official farm (yay!!) (hopefully by the end of October) and he needs to know what to do since his plan is to be a farm manager like Dempsy.

Hmmm.  I wonder if Dempsy offers training to other Cairns hoping to become farm managers . . . Or maybe he could just provide a series of videos so Murphy could learn online. :P

• Like 2