CairnTalk

Outlander

tlwtheq

1 hour ago, _whits_ said:

Bouton makes his first appearance in Outlander tonight! I saw the episode early and he does an excellent job representing Cairn-kind.

The Behind the Scenes bit about this episode says that he's actually a rescue dog named Scamp. 

As for Jamie, I'm ready for him to get a hair cut. 

Thanks for the tip, Whits!  Not sure if we'll watch it tonight or record it and watch tomorrow.  I agree that Jamie could use a haircut but, hey, I still wouldn't kick him out of bed for eating crackers.:P

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, hheldorfer said:

Thanks for the tip, Whits!  Not sure if we'll watch it tonight or record it and watch tomorrow.  I agree that Jamie could use a haircut but, hey, I still wouldn't kick him out of bed for eating crackers.:P

In terms of looks alone, I'm "Team Frank" right now. Although really, "Team Season One Jamie Hair and Muscle." Love the story, love the acting, love the chemistry between all the actors, just a little disappointed with the physical changes that have resulted in that looooooong hair and the muscles that make him look less human and more Greek statue. But that's my personal preference!

Here's Bouton in action.  

image.jpeg

• Like 3

"as far as i am concerned cairns are the original spirit from which all terriers spring, and all terriers are cairns very deep down inside." pkcrossley

5 hours ago, bradl said:

Looks like a Border to me too.  This looks like a different dog than the one featured when casting was announced.

Perhaps he's a stunt double :P 

The picture from the scene doesn't demonstrate it, but the dog in the episode is the same as the dog from when casting was announced.

"as far as i am concerned cairns are the original spirit from which all terriers spring, and all terriers are cairns very deep down inside." pkcrossley

Here's a gif of him in action: 

• Like 1

Loved Saturday's episode with Bouton!  I felt Scamp's portrayal of Bouton was spot on.  He played the part with understated grace and yet still stole the scene. :P

• Like 1

On 4/24/2016 at 5:34 PM, _whits_ said:

physical changes that have resulted in that looooooong hair and the muscles that make him look less human and more Greek statue. But that's my personal preference!

Okay...I thought it was only me who thought that the main actor was looking a bit too ripped this season.  

After seeing the last episode, I think Bouton is a Cairn/Border Terrier cross.  Very cute. 

My favorite animal characters in the novels are Clarence the mule and Rollo...

• Like 1
Raise your expectations for what your Cairn can do....and try very hard to meet your Cairn's expectations of you.

Love that animated gif. Spring-loaded ears :) 

I was confused by the picture of the actual Border upthread. I thought that was also from the show (we don't get Starz and haven't seen the show). But the screenshot just looks more like the folded-back ears in the gif.  Long way of saying, I agree with eastofeden :P

Meanwhile, although I don't know anything about the characters in the show I sense a cautionary tale. To avoid becoming too ripped I shall maintain my rigorous schedule of eating everything in sight and eschewing all forms of exercise.

• Like 3

CAIRNTALK: Questions? Need help? → Support Forum Please do not use PMs for tech support
CRCTC: Columbia River Cairn Terrier Club 

1 hour ago, bradl said:

To avoid becoming too ripped I shall maintain my rigorous schedule of eating everything in sight and eschewing all forms of exercise.

Well...I do owe you a cake to help you with that ;)

Raise your expectations for what your Cairn can do....and try very hard to meet your Cairn's expectations of you.

Brad, had we known you were in danger of becoming too ripped we would have acted sooner!  We shall start a 'cookie drive' and ask each forum member to send a dozen (or more . . . whatever you can afford) cookies your way.  

We're always happy to help a forum member in need!:D

• Like 1

I am confused too..the two dogs looks so different to me. The first a border terrier the second a cairn or cairn mix. And coats different too. Ears down for border ears up for cairn. Well I'd better hush up as do not get the show.

Well not ready to hush up completely yet. I had to look up "ripped" - I know---old folks get left behind so quickly nowadays. I thought it meant torn as  in a fabric or secondarily verbally attacked, or thirdly drunk or drugged?? But apparently it mean, in the sense you people are using it, a well defined muscular body. Who knew. My nephew must have one I guess. He's fifty one. He just ran the London marathon last Sunday. I do not have one. I just finished two choc covered mini donuts. Angus runs. I walk. :lol:

• Like 2

Mmmmm just had a thought. Perhaps we should encourage Brad to create a calendar, ripped as he is, while holding one of his Cairns, then he can borrow other Cairns from  his club, to finish off the 12 months. Heck if little old ladies in Britain can make a calendar while holding up flower pots and such, I am sure Brad can also. I would buy a calendar from you Brad. :innocent:

Until one has loved an animal, a part of  one's soul remains unawakened.  - Anatole France

Adventures with Sam &Rosie

I watched Outlander on Amazon Prime and thought at first that Bouton was a Cairn, then was not so sure but think he may well be a Cairn/Border Cross but he was very good!

I think the series is great.

www.cairnterriertalk.co.uk

Bouton had a short cameo in tonight's episode. Tried to take a pic of the screen. 

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Yes, I saw him but am annoyed the subtitles seem to have disappeared on this last episode and could not get them on screen so missed a lot of the conversation.  But having enjoyed the first series am not finding this series as interesting now.

www.cairnterriertalk.co.uk