CairnTalk

Built Fonzy A Race Track

Newman

Around our shed in the back yard :) Gotta nail a bit more wrapping/fencing and flatten out the track a bit! He is going to love it :)

Need to buy a gate or something to put in the front to shut it off (and be easy to open) any recommendations?

RqqhADX.jpg

Z8Zblu6.jpg

• Like 3

9yNb8di.jpg
Click to show the full size image!

How delightful!  Look at that curly tail and that Cairn smile!

Edited by tlwtheq
  • Like 1

Max and Nelly
signature.jpg.1a2f02ae93418630654caf879c6d4783.jpg

are you training him up for the agility competitions?

Haha, that's the problem. No idea where to start to get my baby to even run around this thing :P

9yNb8di.jpg

Haven't heard from Fonzy in awhile - missed him.  He looks so happy.  Have fun!

• Like 1

Elsie, Max, Meeko & Lori

Hey Fonzie!!!  Enjoy!

PS:  is that a lilac tree in the back???

Ha, yeah and the one in the neighbors is a weeping hollow. The icestorm completely destroyed our backyard with all of its branches dropping! :)

Haven't heard from Fonzy in awhile - missed him.  He looks so happy.  Have fun!

Thanks Dempsy!  Yeah fonzy just chilling at college :)

If you run around, he will follow :P

Now that would be worthy of a video haha. 

9yNb8di.jpg

If you run around, he will follow :P

In my experience with my Cairn, if you try to cuddle him, he will run away from you.

"as far as i am concerned cairns are the original spirit from which all terriers spring, and all terriers are cairns very deep down inside." pkcrossley

Hey Fonzie!!!  Enjoy!

Which one is the lilac tree?

Max and Nelly
signature.jpg.1a2f02ae93418630654caf879c6d4783.jpg

Hey Fonzie!!!  Enjoy!

Which one is the lilac tree?

Left of the shed, above the neighbor's roof line. Purple.

(they don't grow in the northern caribbean.  bring back wonderful childhood memories.  and that smell!!!)

Awwww....my favorite wild billy goat! Good to see Fonz is still up to his adventures.  My problem is how to stop a cairn from running - not how to start one -  so I have no suggestions for you...

• Like 1

The race track is looking good and so is Fonzy! :)  We'll all be waiting on that video. :)

Maybe you can get his favorite treat and run around with it until he completes a lap, then give it to him?

• Like 1

How about a Flirt Pole!  Run ahead of him dangling the flirt pole behind you and he should run after the item at the end.  Maisie loves the flirt pole, she was out in the yard this afternoon running after it and now she's sound asleep.  The race track is a great idea, I'm sure Fonzy will love it!

• Like 2

Awwww....my favorite wild billy goat! Good to see Fonz is still up to his adventures.  My problem is how to stop a cairn from running - not how to start one -  so I have no suggestions for you...

The race track is looking good and so is Fonzy! :)  We'll all be waiting on that video. :)

Maybe you can get his favorite treat and run around with it until he completes a lap, then give it to him?

How about a Flirt Pole!  Run ahead of him dangling the flirt pole behind you and he should run after the item at the end.  Maisie loves the flirt pole, she was out in the yard this afternoon running after it and now she's sound asleep.  The race track is a great idea, I'm sure Fonzy will love it!

Yes! These are great ideas, thank you for sharing :)

I'll definitely get fonzy trained soon.  He will have a blast I know it!

9yNb8di.jpg

Just brainstorming here .... not sure if any of this would work, but thinking out loud so to speak.

post-3-0-47991300-1402158227_thumb.png (click to embiggen)

Set a number of hose guides around the shed. Lay  a length of string or light rope around the circumference of your track to make a giant ring around your shed. Tie a white plastic kitchen bag to the end of the rope. Tie another plastic bag a foot or two in front of that one. Maybe a third in front of that. 

Pull the other end of the rope really fast. You'll get a workout. Being lazy, I'd attempt to rig up a spool to a cordless drill to wind up the string/rope without having to stop for rest :-)

Hose guides from Home Depot:

cf20197f-aef6-4a18-8d80-5e72bc481624_400

This is my on-the-cheap toy home version of a drag-line lure-coursing setup. It may be crude, but it saves thousands of dollars :)

• Like 4

CAIRNTALK: Questions? Need help? → Support Forum Please do not use PMs for tech support
CRCTC: Columbia River Cairn Terrier Club 

Haha! Thanks Brad. I'll buy those spools at home depot or walmart at the garden center soon and try that out.  I'll make sure to have my mom or someone record it as well!

My mom and grandma said that was a great idea and you're really creative!

Edited by Newman

9yNb8di.jpg

Woof! Malcolm here. Good work Fonzy. You built an outdoor playhouse for your upright. You will have a lot of fun with him out there. Put out a bowl of water, your upright will get thirsty with all that running around he will do. Have fun.