CairnTalk

Cairn in Westminster Agility 2014

kjwarnold

Did you see the Cairn run the agility course last night at Westminster? Somebody posted a video of it on a FB group I'm in.

• Like 5
Jandy and my Cairns, Kirby & Phinney 

Awesome! Thanks for sharing!

Addie's trainer tried to see if she would be interested in agility. She thought the weave poles were idiotic (why weave when I can just run past them) and got stuck in the tunnel and had to be rescued.

Same with Earthdog. "Mom, I saw the hatch where the rats go in, why would I drag myself through a dark tunnel when I can just jog over there and lift the hatch? Better yet, there's a whole bucket of rats over by the judges."

Sigh.

• Like 3

"as far as i am concerned cairns are the original spirit from which all terriers spring, and all terriers are cairns very deep down inside." pkcrossley

That is great! We do agility and we have a lot of fun both of us. But Cookie is sometimes stubborn and if he does not feel like doing he will sit and not move so we need a lot of treats and toys to motivate him...

• Like 1

Same with Earthdog. "Mom, I saw the hatch where the rats go in, why would I drag myself through a dark tunnel when I can just jog over there and lift the hatch? Better yet, there's a whole bucket of rats over by the judges."

Sigh.

Packy is the same way. He ran the tunnels a couple of times, then just took the shortcut. They're smart little devils!

• Like 1
Jandy and my Cairns, Kirby & Phinney 

Woo-hoo! So fun to watch. I love agility. Thanks for posting.

Lola would probably be halfway through this and think, "Forget this. I'm going to take a nap!"

Brad, that makes me feel better, even though I feel as if you are spoofing me, as I'm sure you never mis type or misspell

If only that were true. Plus, McKean's Law is a rock of certainty:

"Any correction of the speech or writing of others will contain at least one grammatical, spelling, or typographical error."

CAIRNTALK: Questions? Need help? → Support Forum Please do not use PMs for tech support
CRCTC: Columbia River Cairn Terrier Club