CairnTalk

Gonna Be a Mommy!

GIDGETSMOM

:) Hi Everyone!

I'm so glad I found this forum last night! I am awaiting the newest member of my family "Gidget". She was born last Tuesday November 9. Her mother is wheaton and the father is Red. She is the only female in a litter of 6 :shock:

Firstly...I saw the color changing discussion from Brad and I couldn't believe how much they change....all of her brothers are red and she is almost black. I know as a brand new puppy that's probably no indication of what color she is going to turn out being. I am however interested in what you experts have experienced in changing puppy colors.

My main concerns are what to expect once I get her home. I've been reading lots of your discussions and I am amazed at what little : :twisted: : these guys can be. I currently have a 11yr. old Min. Schnauzer that lives inside with me and a Siamese mix that lives outside (couldn't stand the hair anymore). I'm hoping that my schnauzer will be receptive to the new baby.

Also, when I visited Gidget at the breeders home Friday night I got to meet her grandmother Patty. While petting her I noticed a pretty good sized ball of what I am assuming was undercoat "very soft" hair go flying in the kitchen floor. I didn't think these guys really shed that much.

What am I in for? :halo: or :devil: I'm excited to hear from you :)

There's nothin' in this world better than puppy breath!!!

Welcome and congratulations on your new baby! I love the name Gidget! It's good that you are doing your homework before she comes home. There's a lot of great information right here on these boards. If you have specific questions, use the search tool at the top of the page.

I have had three cairns. Zoe, my first, was very dark when she was a puppy. I was told she would be brindle. Ha! She ended up very light wheaten with dark tips. Tucker is my baby, and he too was very dark as a baby. He's 5 months old now and is a light wheaten, too. Scruffy is a red brindle at 10 months, but I expect he'll change as Bradl's dog has. You can never be sure what color they'll end up being. You can see my babies by clicking on the links below.

As for the breeder's dog shedding, since I don't have a picture, I can only assume that they hadn't groomed their dog. It sounds like the dog had a lot of dead undercoat that needs to be stripped. Normally these dogs don't shed.

Good luck and please come back to show us some pictures. We love seeing new babies!!

Thela

Archived