CairnTalk

My second Cairn

michiana

Less than a month after the passing of our first Cairn we purchased Muffin from a Central NY breeder.  She was the perfect dog; wouldn't leave the yard even if you forgot to shut the gate, would not get on furniture, wouldn't hardly bark and was super with the kids.  She was taken from us when she was twelve and we went nineteen years till we got our next dog as we did not want to go through that heartbreak again. We now have a brother and sister which bring us much joy but we still unfairly compare them to Muffin, the perfect Cairn.

post-4711-0-61275700-1389730935_thumb.jp

post-4711-0-14606200-1389730948_thumb.jp

• Like 1

Hoosier Cairn Lovers

thank you for remembering two excellent dogs and your happy years with them. i'm grateful you have given your home to two new worthy little ones. 

One never forgets them.they are the specials ones.

Until one has loved an animal, a part of  one's soul remains unawakened.  - Anatole France

Adventures with Sam &Rosie

It's so true. You never get over the ones you have lost. I too (unfairly) compare my two to Jack who we lost at 8 years old. He too was the PERFECT dog. Don't get me wrong. I do love my two girls. I just keep working on their behavior-I guess some need a little more training than others.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

We now have a brother and sister which bring us much joy but we still unfairly compare them to Muffin, the perfect Cairn.

Your memories of Muffin will never go away and will always be with you, so Its only natural to compare, but let me reassure you that in time, the empty space that Muffin left in your heart will be filled with the new joyful history that your young sibling pups will create.

Each of our cairns is wonderfully unique and special and there is room for every one of them in our hearts. :wub:

FEAR THE CAIRN!