CairnTalk

Memories - The best little pal, Jock

Sam I Am

It seems as though Jock spent his life here refusing to accept the limits heath tried to place on him and now he's in a place where they're aren't any limits to anything he can do. I bet he's frolicking with Sandie and apologizing for any puppy insanity he bothered her with. Bless the little man for showing all of us the power of mind over matter and the strength you can find in love. 

• Like 1

"as far as i am concerned cairns are the original spirit from which all terriers spring, and all terriers are cairns very deep down inside." pkcrossley

i know you understand what i mean --every time a little friend here dies, my redmon dies again too. each time he dies i learn more. we have had, and have now, the best friends in the world. we are privileged to protect and live with these hectic little souls. we will see them again. good boy jock. 

• Like 6

Thanks for your beautiful tribute. I only knew Jock as an old gentleman, it was lovely to get a sense of his whole amazing life with you. Wishing you peace.

This is beautiful. It made me smile and cry. I am so sorry for your loss. Jock was a hellava little guy. May you and your family find comfort and peace in all your wonderful memories.

My Gracie resembled your Jock very closely. She didn't compete like Jock except to get to a tennis ball before any other dog at the dog park. I'm not usually prone to crying but after reading your initial posting and truely emphathizing with how you were feeling I did cry for some time. Like a teacher without books,,,,,a soldier without weapons,,,,,or a minister without a bible,,,,,we are lesser people now that your sweet sweet boy and my little girl are no longer with us. We've been knocked off of that high pedistal that only fulfiling love can do for us. These little guys with their giant personalities hijack our hearts and even though we know it can't last forever we are totally devastated at the end.  I can't tell you it will all be better. I just feel too much loss and pain. I do know that the next time you look into the eyes of another dog the love that passed between you and Jock will help you see into that beings soul and you'll both be better for it

• Like 3

Wonderful tribute.  So sorry and so happy at the same time that Jock had a family like you guys.  God Bless you and little Rosie.  Happy Rosie is there to ease your sorrow.

Elsie, Max, Meeko & Lori

So very sorry that your sweet Jock has passed.  From your lovely tribute, it is clear that he lived his life to the absolute fullest, bringing so much love and laughter into your lives.  May all your wonderful memories of him soothe your aching heart.

I echo PK's words-everytime I read these wonderful tributes, it brings back a flood of tears of remembering my fur babies. I think its a wonderful way to leave a tribute to our best and faithful friends. This is one place we can all laugh and cry about our pets. As much as I cry reading each and every one, I do love to read about the journeys we had with our best friends. Bless all of those who have lost their faithful companions.

• Like 3

Oh, I am so, so very sorry to hear of Jock's passing. We've been away and this is my first time on the forum in weeks, I didn't even know he wasn't doing well. I'm crying as I type this - I can't imagine how heartbreaking this must be for you and your family. I've always enjoyed hearing your stories of Jock - he sounded like such a loveable little character. Hugs to you and may you find comfort in your memories and knowing that you gave him a wonderful life.

524960_754828059267_2094529302_n.jpg

• Like 3

Jo, Jagger & Eddie

jagger_julytomarch.jpg

I've been away from the forum for a couple months and I'm so sad to find your news here. You portrayed your love for a wonderful companion so beautifully. I hope Rosie is cuddling tight with you.

Jock's story has my tears flowing. He was a wonderful companion. May his memories bring comfort to you.

Edited by Malcolm's Dad

My tears are still flowing. It's just so hard to not have his beautiful face greet me when I come home. Thank goodness Rosie , the Scottie is waiting for me.

Until one has loved an animal, a part of  one's soul remains unawakened.  - Anatole France

Adventures with Sam &Rosie

Jock sounds like such a wonderful boy. He is still giving you kisses, now it's just from his permanent residence in his corner of your heart. My thoughts and tears are with you.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I am so sorry for the loss of your beloved Jock. He was such a little fighter from the beginning.  You will cherish those memories forever. Thanks for sharing, so we, too, could follow Jock's journey through your lives.

Nancy and Brinna