CairnTalk

Scruffy's new look

wheezie23

I wanted to show y'all how nice Scruffy's coat has come out. I can't get over the difference in the color of his coat since I started stripping it. I used the Mars Coat King on his body and have been using finger nubs to get at those long hairs on his ears and tail. He really doesn't like that, so I've been doing a little at a time. He sure is a handsome man, tho. :thumbsup: We just love him to death! :wub:

Thela

post-349-1099939469_thumb.jpg

Thela,

Scruffy is indeed a handsome little guy and as I have mentioned before, looks so much like my Duffy that they could have come from the same litter! I'm sure you are very proud of him. :)

MikeC

He looks so well behaved and mature......I suppose he obeys too, right? :)

All my Cairns are light colored. Winnie is red, Madison is a silver brindle and Elliott I think will be a red brindle. Guess I'm just going to have to get one more only in a dark coloring.

OMG...can you imagine having 4 of them?

Kay! I see where you're going! Stop, woman! Stop!! lol :cop:

Mike, he does look like your Duffy. Their resemblance is uncanny. I know that he came from a breeder in MS.

Joanne, I didn't have to pose him at all. You notice I don't have any new pics of Tucker! I can't get him to sit still at all, but Scruffy is so mellow and calm. He was just laying there watching me so I took the picture.:innocent:

Thela

The grooming, made him even more handsome. I was surprised how much of a diff it made when I just cleaned up Brodie a bit, he looked like a young pup again. He is only 17 months old, but the scraggledly look does make them look older. I know you are very excited. congrats again.

:whistle: Joanne, I use the attachment option at the bottom of the reply screen. Brad has a link in his sig that explains it better. One tip, though; I reduce the picture to around 450x800 pixels and save it in a file in my computer. If you try to use a file that is too big, it won't let you attach it. Make sense??

Oh, and Brad, I like the "grooming a little at a time is supposed to be a great way to to do it. Sort of like housework I guess". Not speaking from experience, then?? :whistle:

Thela

Ok Thela, I am sending Carolina over to you to get her looking sharp too! :P He looks great!

I have not yet figured out how to pull hair from her ears. Do I need 2 rubber fingers? I only have one and she does not like me pulling hair on her ears!

Marsha, (who is learning a lot from you all about grooming a cairn!)

Archived