CairnTalk

csjcak711

csjcak711

Hello,

I am new to the forums. We just got a 9 week old Cairn Terrier we named Chewie!! He is my second Cairn Terrier my first Benji I had from 1991-2006 he was a great dog and sadly missed. I am excited to start on this journey again and can't wait to see my little guy grow up!!

post-6592-0-97266600-1355370472_thumb.jp

post-6592-0-56195900-1355370475_thumb.jp

post-6592-0-82359800-1355370477_thumb.jp

post-6592-0-51128500-1355370712_thumb.jp

post-6592-0-53248800-1355370753_thumb.jp

ohh he is adorable!! love Chewie!! is it short for chewbacca? he is adorable!! i have a 3 month old Cairn named scooter.. i think i should have named him Shark!! lol

One awesome husband plus, 4 kids, 2 fur babies (also known as dogs!) 2 turtles and one cat = one wonderful life!!

Welcome Chewie!!! I too love cairn terriers. When my last one passed away in 2010, I only waited a week before I got my little Ivy. It's so funny to see how similar and different they are.

ohh he is adorable!! love Chewie!! is it short for chewbacca? he is adorable!! i have a 3 month old Cairn named scooter.. i think i should have named him Shark!! lol

Yes it is short for Chewbacca he is 9 weeks old and weighs 2 lbs Chewie is very fitting of him right now......haha

Welcome Chewie!!! I too love cairn terriers. When my last one passed away in 2010, I only waited a week before I got my little Ivy. It's so funny to see how similar and different they are.

I wanted another right away too but already had a beagle and really didn't want two dogs. Then we got an Australian Shepard FREE so then I had TWO dogs but finally couldn't take it any longer and have been begging for one for a couple years and the husband finally caved!! So we now have 4 kids, 3 dogs and 2 cats ALL INSIDE!! Talk about crowded but it is SO WORTH IT!! Love all my kids!!

Beautiful pup! That picture of him in his shirt is wonderful. My wife and I responded in exactly the same way--"I want a puppy!" I envy you. More pictures please.

• Like 1

So so sweet! Puppies are so adorable and so busy!

• Like 1

Until one has loved an animal, a part of  one's soul remains unawakened.  - Anatole France

Adventures with Sam &Rosie

When I brought my first Cairn home in October of 1983, I was amazed and charmed as you are now. Still am.

People used to accuse us of "walking a leash" because it was so hard to see the tiny guy at the end!

I think of my Holdsworth every day. :wub:

Max and Nelly
signature.jpg.1a2f02ae93418630654caf879c6d4783.jpg

Ive got 4 kids as well, right now we have our little scooter, a cat and 2 turtles. about 5 weeks ago our 13.5 year old chocolate lab died, about 5 days after we got scooter. It wont be long before we get another lab, we loved our lab so much and miss her every day, the fact we want another one is a testament to how much we loved and miss having her around. We also had a golden retriever, he died in june of 2011 he was almost 17 years old.

We love love love kids and animals.

One awesome husband plus, 4 kids, 2 fur babies (also known as dogs!) 2 turtles and one cat = one wonderful life!!

• 2 weeks later...