CairnTalk

Ruffy makes a smooth move...

sanford

... from living on the ground floor, to a sunny apartment in the sky, on the 10th floor, with a view and a terrace to boot! :thumbsup:

All went well with the move to the new digs, with one exception - no telephone, TV or internet for a month. Our service provider goofed - big time, but now that we are up and running, I'm glad to report that everything is OK with us. I regret not having been able to keep in touch due to these circumstances and missed being away from Cairn Talk all that time and I want to thank everyone for their concern re our welfare.

The hurricane temporarily threw a monkey wrench into our moving schedule, but we quickly got back on track. Thankfully, there was no loss of power in our new or old building. There is much to report re Ruffy's (easy) adjustment to his new environment, his "elevator" manners, etc. I'll post more details later, but for now I can only say he is a trooper and continues to surprise me with his ability to adjust, be flexible, calm and always ready to find fun and enjoyment in anything that comes his way. There is lots more room for his "zoomies" here, as well as sunny spots for Ruffy to lie in when he knocks himself out. I'm so lucky, lucky, lucky to have him! :)

As many of you know, Ruffy & I always enjoyed the fact that my former apartment was close to the park and river for walking and squirrel chasing, as well as a dog run for play. Well, our new location is only 2 blocks further away, so we still maintain the same routine and continue to socialize with our same doggie and human friends as before.

It feels great to be back on these pages again and I look forward to catching up with the latest cairn terrier thrills, chills and spills!... but I gotta go now... There are at least 2 dozen more things to do today and the list keeps getting longer, instead of shorter! :confused:

Edited by sanford
  • Like 1

FEAR THE CAIRN!

Great to hear from you! I know listening to the news from our frozen north location, and the terrible destruction your area and other areas had , was a worrying thing.

Sounds like Ruffy has adjusted to high altitudes in the usual Cairn fashion. I go where you and that's no problem! A warm bed, a loving family and two squares a day is pretty much all they need and want. . The dog park and old friends are the icing on the cake.

Looking forward to pictures of Ruffy lounging in his new digs. :)

Until one has loved an animal, a part of  one's soul remains unawakened.  - Anatole France

Adventures with Sam &Rosie

Well isn't that nice. I am happy to hear that some or all of your upset was do to moving. It sounds like Ruffy has a lovely apartment. I can just see Ruffy taking the elevator to his new digs. I am sure that your list of things to do includes picking up a lounger and a pair of doggie sunglasses for Ruffy's terrace. After he is done practicing his zoomies he will need to relax in a little sunshine. Enjoy and relax.

Elsie, Max, Meeko & Lori

Excellent news. We were all worried that you had been washed out to sea! Your new apartment sounds beautiful and I bet Ruffy had a blast checking everything out and giving it the sniff-over. He'll definitely be needing the lounge chair and sunglasses to accentuate his new persona as a chic, terrace-dwelling NY canine. :P

Glad to hear how well Ruffy is adjusting! And to hear that Sandy didn't disrupt your life too much. I'm sure it's been a crazy month and there are probably millions of things still to do, but thanks for checking in!

"as far as i am concerned cairns are the original spirit from which all terriers spring, and all terriers are cairns very deep down inside." pkcrossley

Yes, very glad to hear that the month away was not caused by Sandy. Your new apartment sounds lovely and it is so good that Ruffy has adjusted and now has a terrace as well as extra space for zoomies! Glad that you are back in touch!

www.cairnterriertalk.co.uk

... from living on the ground floor, to a sunny apartment in the sky, on the 10th floor, with a view and a terrace to boot! :thumbsup:

There is lots more room for his "zoomies" here, as well as sunny spots for Ruffy to lie in when he knocks himself out. I'm so lucky, lucky, lucky to have him! :)

As many of you know, Ruffy & I always enjoyed the fact that my former apartment was close to the park and river for walking and squirrel chasing, as well as a dog run for play. Well, our new location is only 2 blocks further away, so we still maintain the same routine and continue to socialize with our same doggie and human friends as before.

Great! Welcome back! Moving is the pits but glad things are starting to clear up. Good for you and Ruffy. :)

Max and Nelly
signature.jpg.1a2f02ae93418630654caf879c6d4783.jpg

Great to see a post from you Sanford! And even better to hear that you and Ruffy are well. Congrats on the new apartment sounds like a positive move for all!!

Jo, Jagger & Eddie

jagger_julytomarch.jpg

Glad to see posts from you again Sanford. Happy that you and Ruffy weren't left sitting in the cold and dark, waiting for the power to come back on!

Great to hear from you and Ruff again! Glad to hear you did well during the storm and that your absence was due to a move. It's nice that Ruff still has some familiar surroundings and friends to help during this transition.

Welcome back, Sanford! I am so glad all is well with you and Ruffy. Your apartment sounds lovely. I hope you and Ruffy are very happy there. :)