CairnTalk

Divot's Almost 2: What a Joy!

tomatosandwich

Hello Everyone.

We've been out of touch for quite some time. I have spend some time this evening browsing the board to see what everyone has been up to. Wow! How everyone has grown, added siblings, and had so many adventures! I love all the new Cairns on here, too! I'm sorry I don't have time to reply to all the wonderful postings.

Divot has really settled down so nicely in the last 6 months or so since I was last on here! (I can't believe he'll be 2 years old this December!) Really, he is the most wonderful little companion a family ever had! Don't get me wrong--he's still full of terrier spunk and energy, but he's such a good boy! He see's us getting our shoes and coats and he grabs his nyla bone and heads for his crate! When we approach other dogs on walks now, he looks up to me for direction with a wagging tail (unless its Fitz--the Whippet who comes to play in our yard--then he goes nuts when he sees him!). Anyway, I could go on and on and on with how in love with him we all are. He definitely was worth all the work from puppyhood to now!

Anyway, I just thought I'd say hello and let you know that we've missed all of you. Life has just been busy and hard lately. BUT it's about to get brighter because we signed up or the Christmas card exchange! Woo hooo! Let the photo shoot planning begin!

• Like 1

Dempsy wants Divot to know that he'd better keep his low profile unless he wants to be mobbed by the females on this site. :)

So nice to hear how Divot is doing. I especially like the story of his best friend, Fitz. I love it when dogs have best friends. My old dog, Tater, had a best friend, Sidney. He was a big old black Labrador and when their pickup got anywhere close to turning in the yard, Tater would go nuts. Tater was so in tune with Sidney it was amazing. Very fun and a good memory. .....now that being said, don't let those females mess up a good friendship, cuz they'll be after you Divot. :) Thanks for checking in Divot!!

Elsie, Max, Meeko & Lori

Glad to hear about Divot! Dh was particularly taken with his name when you first got him - he's a golfing-kind of guy, and even thought about stealing the name for a future cairn. Sounds like he has turned into the perfect little companion. We'll look forward to seeing him on the Christmas card.

You reminded me about Allie's friend from long ago, an old golden named Tanner that lived a few blocks away. She has always been fierce around other dogs, preferring humans (two-legs) to dogs (four-legs). But she always had a kind reaction to the old golden. Once, not long after he had crossed the rainbow bridge, we walked past his house. Allie stopped at the end of their sidewalk and looked up to his front door, wagging her tail slowly. I can't tell you how much I was touched...clearly dogs do remember...

Dempsy wants Divot to know that he'd better keep his low profile unless he wants to be mobbed by the females on this site. :)

So nice to hear how Divot is doing. I especially like the story of his best friend, Fitz. I love it when dogs have best friends. My old dog, Tater, had a best friend, Sidney. He was a big old black Labrador and when their pickup got anywhere close to turning in the yard, Tater would go nuts. Tater was so in tune with Sidney it was amazing. Very fun and a good memory. .....now that being said, don't let those females mess up a good friendship, cuz they'll be after you Divot. :) Thanks for checking in Divot!!

Per Buffy's agreement with Sassy, Divot will be in Sassy's harem of boy Cairns. :P

It's so good to hear that you and Divot are happy, healthy, and having lots of fun together. Keep in touch!

Nice to see you back here. Oh, 2 yrs. old is really when they start settling down and you can see what they'll be like as adults! You do miss the cute little puppy stuff, but honestly, they hold on to a lot of that for a long time -- shessh, Kirby still does funny puppy stuff and he's 4!

Jandy and my Cairns, Kirby & Phinney 

So nice to hear from you and Divot. Hopefully things will settle down a bit for you. Isn't wonderful how they mature...but kjwarnold is right in saying they do hang onto their puppy ways. My two still love running around causing havoc, it's just part of a terrier's life.

• Like 1

Great to hear from you and Divot. I agree 100%...a maturing cairn almost makes you forget about the crazy puppy days. Would love to see a pic of Divot!

Jo, Jagger & Eddie

jagger_julytomarch.jpg

Hi Divot and uprights! Happy early birthday Divot! So nice to hear from you and hear all is going so well.

Hi Divot. We need to have a chat.

Sassy :wub:

In the time you've been gone, Sassy has started throwing herself at every boy on the forum. But she's very pretty, so I really think the boys should be throwing themselves at her.

"as far as i am concerned cairns are the original spirit from which all terriers spring, and all terriers are cairns very deep down inside." pkcrossley