CairnTalk

He was pulling my leg again

Malcolm's Dad

Malcolm was tugging at my leg tonight. He hasn't done that for a long time. Its getting cool out. You can feel winter in the air. Malcolm loves it. He gets supercharged by the cool temperatures. He ran around the yard all day then I brought him in. Then he wanted out. Then I brought him in. Out again. In again. That was enough. I sat down and wasn't getting up again. Malcolm had different ideas. He gave me a good talking to. Grunts growls and whines. Then he starts hitting me in the leg with his paw. "Hey! I'm talking to you!" That didn't work so he grabs my pants leg and starts tugging like crazy. He almost ripped my jeans. I pull him off my leg and he comes right back tugging away. Ok time for a diversion so I can sit in peace. I opened the cabinet where his treats are kept. That did the trick. He sat with his tail wagging fast enough to start another hurricane. More talking too. He got a fresh kneecap. I got to sit in peace for a while.

Insistent little buggers, aren't they? <<"Hey! I'm talking to you!">> Haha! So true. They do NOT like being ignored!

Lola was restless yesterday evening. Time to dump the toybox. I dumped all the toys in the middle of the floor, Then hubby and I played "keep away", rolled balls on the living room floor, lined up the stuffed ones along the coffee table while she grabbed them one-by-one, etc. Just played games with her toys while she ran around between them trying to play with all of them at the same time. Kept her busy for about an hour. Then she went off for a nap. :)

Yes, when a Cairn talks you had better listen. Buffy's version of this is to pop up on the side of my recliner with her paws on the armrest and tug on my sleeve. I agree with you regarding them getting "supercharged by the cool air" - Buffy and Ziggy both have been extra frisky and more playful in the past few weeks.

Buffy said to tell Malcolm that flinging a toy at your upright's head will also work, by the way.

Same here - winter in the air. Slight dusting of snow on the ground. Demps loves this time of year, especially before it's to cold for his feets. Malcolm you're a stinker.

Elsie, Max, Meeko & Lori

Yup - DH was off this weekend GOTVing. I was painting and glazing some of my pots. T Bone in particular kept coming up to me and barking his little head off to go outside. He just does not stop -- so insistent. I would let them out in the yard, and he and Allie would just poke around in the leaves and bark at folks walking by and gaze at birds on bare branches. I finally put on a coat and took a piece of pottery and brushes out to the deck table and painted there. They were not going to come inside....

Insistent little buggers, aren't they? <<"Hey! I'm talking to you!">> Haha! So true. They do NOT like being ignored!

Lola was restless yesterday evening. Time to dump the toybox. I dumped all the toys in the middle of the floor, Then hubby and I played "keep away", rolled balls on the living room floor, lined up the stuffed ones along the coffee table while she grabbed them one-by-one, etc. Just played games with her toys while she ran around between them trying to play with all of them at the same time. Kept her busy for about an hour. Then she went off for a nap. :)

That's my Sweet Pea...gotta be surrounded by toys. After a girl, a girl has to have choices!

Love the devil costume...so appropriate. :devil:

Max and Nelly
signature.jpg.1a2f02ae93418630654caf879c6d4783.jpg

They do train us well don't they! I am also at the mercy of Jock and now Rosie, to get outside to chase leaves and snow flakes.

Until one has loved an animal, a part of  one's soul remains unawakened.  - Anatole France

Adventures with Sam &Rosie

Count Kelly in on this too. Little stinker. She is wearing me out lately. Loves these cooler temps. With Kelly it starts with light touches that gradually get more intense, if that don't work she starts talking while touching me, if that don't work she adds jumping at me while doing the other two, when that fails she starts trying to to pull me and has ripped a shirt and a pair of pants,( by accident) :whistle:

They are like the Energizer Bunny. Radar can join this club as well. He is very persistent when he wants to play. We have a soccer ball that he plays with out in the backyard. He can go for hours and we do not even have to kick it that often. I have to take it away from him after awhile so that he can catch his breath.

Oh, yeah! Dickens demands my time by first letting out a little whine, that evolves to a full discourse, growing to a slight nip of the leg. If none of that works, he jumps up onto the chair and grabs my wrist. Yup, he's trained me to listen.

Dickens has also given me a signal. It's a small bark, meaning get over here I need something. I didn't notice that pattern until this week. When he starts offering me a treat, we'll need to redefine this reflationship.

• Like 2

Please visit Dickens at "The Daily Dickens" at http://www.itsthedaughter.blogspot.com.

Kind of off-topic... I'm reading this topic and writing this while Sweet Pea is "animatedly" dreaming.

She's really voracious in these dreams...she's a true Cairn; has to get whatever she's pursuing.

It's so beautiful...

Max and Nelly
signature.jpg.1a2f02ae93418630654caf879c6d4783.jpg