CairnTalk

Dempsy & cow chores

Dempsy's Mom

Dempsy helped me feed the cattle again today. He always has to get out of the loader when we get to this bunch of cattle and let the calves know all the rules. "These are the rules and lets make sure you stick to em'!!" He loves to stir up trouble. Notice how awful the pasture is - all of our pastures have been in trouble for months now. Now that we have the corn combined off they will be happy to get out and graze some stalks.

• Like 4

Elsie, Max, Meeko & Lori

Wonderful! Demps has everything in control. I started to watch this and Steve can over right away to lean over my shoulder. He loves the Demps episodes as much as I do.

We think T Bone might be good at this as well. He definitely tries to run as much of his world as he can and, like Demps, he does not back down.

I loved seeing those cows try to bluff Demps and then turn around and scatter!

Idaho Cairns

This "Cairn Strut" at its best! Gotta love those "check-in" looks Demps throws your way--making sure he has backup, just in case....!

Goodness, Lori, I was laughing out loud watching your video. I never knew Cairns were herding dogs. Dempsy is one tough little guy with those cows!

Wow! You tell those cows who is boss Dempsy!

"as far as i am concerned cairns are the original spirit from which all terriers spring, and all terriers are cairns very deep down inside." pkcrossley

I loved the last charge! Dempsy you are great at telling those cows whats what, and you do it so cutely. Love the Dempsy on the Farm saga.

Lori I really really think a book is in order."Life on the farm with Dempsy". It would be a best seller ...for sure on this site :)

Until one has loved an animal, a part of  one's soul remains unawakened.  - Anatole France

Adventures with Sam &Rosie

Lori... You've done it again! Your video had me laughing out loud at Dempsy's antics! How do you manage to get any work done -- he's such an adorable distraction!

Be careful! :devil: One of these days he'll stampede those cows and then you'd better head for the hills!

FEAR THE CAIRN!

Amazing how he deals with the cows!

Here is UK I would not dream of going with Holly into a field with cows at all! I do not think the cows here would stand and watch a dog like that. There have been reports of dogs and their owners been trampled by cows.

www.cairnterriertalk.co.uk

Those cows are, for the most part, cool customers. They must like Dempsey...even if he is the boss.

Just curious: do you ever have a problem with Sir Demps wanting to munch on cow pies?

My guys and gal would be all over those! :sick:

(At least cows are vegetarians...reduces the "ew" factor!)

Edited by tlwtheq

Max and Nelly
signature.jpg.1a2f02ae93418630654caf879c6d4783.jpg

Dempsy very rarely stops to eat a cow pie, he does like to sniff them. He isn't the most agile dog - sorry to say - so I never let him in with cows/calves that have weeds around them - afraid he would trip. The calves love to be agitated by Demps and as you can see Demps says, "Bring it on!" Even though he is a chicken :censored: and runs back to mom. Oops sorry.

Edited by Dempsy's Mom

Elsie, Max, Meeko & Lori

Dempsy made MY day!! Thank you so much for showing a Cairn at work. :lol:

Curious cows and little dog...make a GREAT video!! Growl comes out of Dempsy and cows know what is coming next...a little devil running at them to get them to move...so they start before he turns. LOVE IT!!!

Any time you want to share more videos...we are all ears and eyes!! :D

• Like 1

OMG this is too funny! "LISTEN UP COWS AND LISTEN GOOD! I AM IN CHARGE HERE! (right, Mom?) STAND BACK OR YOU'LL HAVE ME TO ANSWER TO!" (Notice the cow take a few steps back at 0.30) :D

• Like 1

That was great, needed that laugh on a Monday. It might be a little long, but you might want to submit that to America's Funniest Videos. They can edit it down to fit their time frame.

• Like 3

Sassy Jan 22, 2005

AM. CH. THARRBARR LITE MY FIRE ZOMERHOF

Dempsey roundup time!! That was so funny. Every time I watch a Demps farm video, western songs start piping up softly in the back of my brain.

Thanks again. This one really showed the Cairn sasiness.

Home, home on the range ... Where the cows and the Cairn entertain...

• Like 1

I got a good chuckle out Demps...thank you for the video. At first the cattle seemed to ignore him, but good 'ol Demps doesn't give up and he soon got his RESPECT! What a cairn...

What else can be said about your "little man" - he is a trooper! He sure can dish it out and made my day as always when seeing Demps on the farm videos.

Husband and dog missing ...25 cents reward for dog