CairnTalk

General Public Warning

Idaho Cairns

Idaho Cairns

Note: Yes, Cairn Terriers are small dogs with little stubby legs, little bodies, and great "take no prisoners" attitudes. However, they are also smart as whips and if they need to, they WILL bring backup!

DSC03349.JPG?gl=US

To be forewarned is to be forearmed.

• Like 7

What a great picture!

Until one has loved an animal, a part of  one's soul remains unawakened.  - Anatole France

Adventures with Sam &Rosie

Absolutely wonderful pic, Idaho. If I was the target of this army, though, I'd rather tangle with the Pyrenees than the Cairns. The three of them ganging up on me would be formidable!

Idaho Cairns

Helene this was a happy charge. The dogs had just rounded the corner at a full run and spotted me out in the yard waiting with camera in hand and then the race was really on. Sadly, my daughter is back from Europe and has taken the Pyrenees and her Cairn back to California. It was a wonderful month with the two additional dogs--except for the huge amount of shedding of long white hair--now we can put dark cloathing on again.

Helene this was a happy charge. The dogs had just rounded the corner at a full run and spotted me out in the yard waiting with camera in hand and then the race was really on. Sadly, my daughter is back from Europe and has taken the Pyrenees and her Cairn back to California. It was a wonderful month with the two additional dogs--except for the huge amount of shedding of long white hair--now we can put dark cloathing on again.

Aha! I wondered from whence Sammi and Bonnie's companion emerged!

Max and Nelly
signature.jpg.1a2f02ae93418630654caf879c6d4783.jpg

Idaho Cairns

Fran and I and the dogs are down right now--the guest dogs left yesterday A.M. and it is considerably quieter around the house. The black Cairn is Bonnie's sister (same breeder same breeding pair) one year younger and they really enjoy each other and have many of the same personality traits--like ball addiction and "I wanna go!" whinning. Sammi and the Pryenees cross are close as well so this past month has been really fun--lots of walks, swims, wrestling, etc.

We can only hope that the kids decide to vacation again soon. Sigh.

That is a phenomenal picture! And so much joy!

"as far as i am concerned cairns are the original spirit from which all terriers spring, and all terriers are cairns very deep down inside." pkcrossley

That really is a terrific pic! Sounds like such fun to have family around - even Bonnie's sister. :) Glad you all got together!

Elsie, Max, Meeko & Lori

Geesh....most folks want their kids to come and visit them. You want yours to go off and leave their dogs...

Actually, that photo is the image of my perfect imagined retirement...four dogs.... all play all day! I would miss their departure too.

Idaho Cairns

It is a good thing I don't live where Lori lives Kathryn, you would be seeing me in an episode of "Animal Hoarders"! I would have a pack of Cairn Terriers that would rival a English Manor Fox hound pack. Cairns are so perfect for retirement, not too large, lazy enough to rest all day and active enough to feed the need for exercise--stout enough for any pursuit, healthy, and smart enough to keep things interesting. I'm a BIG fan, can you tell?

• Like 1

lazy enough to rest all day

Wow at what age does this happen Idaho? Soon maybe? Angus just turned one.

Great picture!

Idaho Cairns

My two are real couch potatoes most of the time--they have certain parts of the day when they sleep and certain times when they are active. They ALWAYS come in from their morning bathroom duties and go back to sleep, need to go out and inspect their universe in late morning, snooze to late afternoon until time for their walk, eat then snooze until something really compelling comes on television when they start wanting a ball thrown for them or start chasing and slamming each other into the couch, floor, chairs, etc.

Sounds like our house too. Me laying down on the couch for a nap is like firing the starting gun for a Cairn Wrestling Relay Race.

. . . or a Cairn barkathon aimed at the imaginary squirrel on the neighbor's roof.

• Like 1