CairnTalk

Carolina's litter mate Lindy

Carolinasmom

Carolina left us on Nov. 5, 2011 just shy of her 14th birthday. On Thurs. Sept. 20th her litter mate/sister Lindy will cross the Rainbow Bridge to be with her. My parents have Lindy. I remember when my mom went to see a litter of Cairns and decided to put a deposit down on one. A few days later the whole family went to see them, (I was single and lived in a condo at the time) and on the way there I said, "Wouldn't it be crazy if I got one too?" really only kidding, (but really wanting one!) My mom said, "That's a great idea!" Um...I live in a condo and teach school full time. What would I do with her? My mom said, "You'd bring her over on your way to work!" What about potty training TWO? She thought she could deal with that.

So after seeing the puppies I said I needed to think about it. The next day I called the lady and said I wanted one too. A few weeks later Mom and I drove up to get them. I remember holding 2 little puppies on my lap the whole hour home.

Oh what trouble they would get into. Mom said how they would play fight in the house and she would put them out back. Pretty soon she could hear them out the window at it again. She would holler at them and they would be SO surprised to hear her voice scolding them again since they had run ALL the way around the other side of the house from the back door! :shock:

Lindy has survived auto immune disease with the help of Colorado State Univ. vet school and lots and lots of $$. She also has pancreatitis, (sp) and most recently kidney disease which she just can't beat. My mom is having the same vet that we had come to our home to do the procedure come to theirs tomorrow. I stopped by today and Lindy was sitting out front in the grass with everyone just enjoying the day. Just the way your last full day on earth should be. It will be a rough day for my parents tomorrow. :cry:

RIP Lindy.

1/21/98-9/20/12

Not the best pic but here she is:

post-381-0-58408500-1348107408_thumb.jpg

(((hugs))) to you and your family. May there be ONLY happy, happy memories for everyone!! Keeping your family in our prayers for a peaceful goodbye but not forgotten.

Such a noble senior Cairn in that picture? Fifteen years is a good long time for any dog and it sounds like Lindy has run her course here on earth, I know you and your Mom are going to have some awfully rough moments and days ahead. Try to focus on the fun of two young sisters fighting in the yard, the hours and days of pleasure, companionship, laughs, and not this moment. Lindy has done her best and it sounds like you and your Mom have done your best--let Lindy's body go and rest and keep her spirit close. Take care and God bless all of you.

• Like 1

There will be a cairn wrestling match just inside the pearly gates today. Attila and Tessa send cairn hugs and kisses to you all.

Our Cairns: Attila (Sprouted 03/09/11), Tessa (Sprouted 01/14/12)

Such a noble senior Cairn in that picture? Fifteen years is a good long time for any dog and it sounds like Lindy has run her course here on earth, I know you and your Mom are going to have some awfully rough moments and days ahead. Try to focus on the fun of two young sisters fighting in the yard, the hours and days of pleasure, companionship, laughs, and not this moment. Lindy has done her best and it sounds like you and your Mom have done your best--let Lindy's body go and rest and keep her spirit close. Take care and God bless all of you.

Indeed...couldn't have said it better. B'Shalom.

Max and Nelly
signature.jpg.1a2f02ae93418630654caf879c6d4783.jpg

So easy to love them and so tough to let them go. Big hug to you and your family.

Until one has loved an animal, a part of  one's soul remains unawakened.  - Anatole France

Adventures with Sam &Rosie

I had to reach for the tissues while reading your post. No matter how many times we go through this together it never gets any easier. My prayers are with you and your family today and I hope your parents can find solace in their many happy memories of Lindy.

Helene

Keira and I send you and your parents much love and prayers. Hope you all can continue to recall the millions of happy times to comfort your hearts. I pray for healing for all of you.

It's like the end of an era. Long lives full of love and family. Kind thoughts for you and your parents, today and tomorrow, until the time grief has been crowded out, leaving only room for the good memories.

• Like 3

CAIRNTALK: Questions? Need help? → Support Forum Please do not use PMs for tech support
CRCTC: Columbia River Cairn Terrier Club 

Today it has been one week since Lindy crossed over. I relived her last baby food turkey meal and watched the clock. We miss her terribly, but knew this time we could not beat the disease that was making her feel so badly. We and the vets at CSU, tried everything, but kidney disease and pancreatitis was not going to let us win this time. Lindy was a little trouper through the whole thing, but I hope she forgives me for the long car rides to Ft Collins and the days in ICU. If I knew what I know now...

I find peace knowing she is with Carolina Boo, undoubtedly chasing squirrels and cats! Those two were such cute little buddies.

Lindy's mom

• Like 1

I suspect there isn't a one of us who doesn't doesn't feel a sympathetic ache of grief thinking of your loss, and knowing it will come to us all, if it hasn't already. You are not alone ... we're with you and most importantly Lindy will *always* be with you now. She can only be lost the once ... the happier memories can live on with you as often as you dwell with them.

• Like 2

CAIRNTALK: Questions? Need help? → Support Forum Please do not use PMs for tech support
CRCTC: Columbia River Cairn Terrier Club 

Doesn't matter their age, it just plain hurts when you lose one you love. I am so sorry for you and your family and the hard road of grieving. Cairns are so special. It's as though they can look into our souls and just connect. Prayers for you and your family.