CairnTalk

Oh oh the suitcase is coming out!

Sam I Am

I am planning a four day trip to take in a horse show . So I am busy getting organized and then comes the , oh lawdy lawdy mum is hauling out her suitcase, stare from Jock. He gets very clingy when he knows I am about to leave by me hauling out my bag and packing. He lies down and just stares at me...never flinching his direct stare. It always makes me feel soooooo guilty! His Dad is staying home but somehow in his world it isn't the same. Perhaps because I spoil him so much :)

The funny thing is that when I get back I am most times not greeted with love and affection from Jock...just the same guilty, how could you leave me look! And it takes a few hours before he decides that I am worthy of a proper greeting.

Until one has loved an animal, a part of  one's soul remains unawakened.  - Anatole France

Adventures with Sam &Rosie

I'm so glad your ankle is better and you can go to the show!!!

Poor Jock, we know that stare well...

Thank you. Yes it's amazing how the old body healed. :) just haven't gone thru an airport yet...there might be lights and buzzers going off!

• Like 1

Until one has loved an animal, a part of  one's soul remains unawakened.  - Anatole France

Adventures with Sam &Rosie

My first Cairn, Willie, would start shedding like mad when my suitcase came out. He would stick to that thing like glue, hoping I wouldn't leave. Packy & Kirby now, they get excited because they always get to go along and they're always up for an adventure!

Jandy and my Cairns, Kirby & Phinney 

oh dear...yes, know all too well the stare when the ole suitcase comes out of the closet. I get the exact same reaction - "how could you leave me all alone?" In fact, I'm leaving the end of September to visit my daughter who has just relocated to PA and I'm expecting the same "look." Enjoy your weekend and be safe. I'm sure Jock will be just fine.

Husband and dog missing ...25 cents reward for dog

Hee hee. Funny. My Mandy used to love when the suitcases came out, because that meant we were taking our bi-annual drive from Alabama to Pennsylvania. Once we decided to leave very early in the morning, so we loaded the car the night before. She jumped into the back seat and would NOT come out. "You're not leaving without me!" I tried explaining to her that we weren't leaving until the following morning, but it didn't seem to sink in. Hubby had to drag her out of the car. :D

Enjoy the show! :)

This is a little :offtopic: Cairn-wise, but worth telling: When I moved from my former house to my current home I had a female terrier-chihuahua mix named Ripley. On the final day of the move I jam-packed my little car with all the small/important stuff while waiting for the movers and I let Ripley stay outside to play for a while. After a half hour or so I opened the door to let her back in the house but she was nowhere in sight. I ran outside and looked everywhere, wondering where she could have gone. I glanced at my car in the driveway and there she was, lying on top of a pile of boxes and bags in the back seat. She absolutely refused to move so she stayed in the car for another 1-2 hours until the movers had come and gone, then we drove to the new house together.

• Like 2