CairnTalk

Pet Carrier Suggestions

Guest posting as: Milopup

Hi There,

I have just found out that the plastic pet carrier I am using (suggested by a Petco manager) will not be accepted for airline travel. Apparently it is too small. :(

Since I have to buy a new carrier, can anyone suggest a great quality plastic carrier? I figure I can use it in the car, when travelling by plane (if international), and for a second bed for my pup. I have seen plastic carriers with built in storage on the top, but the one I saw was too flimsy for long term use. My friends had a great one, but alas bought it in Japan (!) so I won't be able to find it. :confused:

Thanks everyone.

I really like the collapsable plastic ones by Nylabone, but they don't have a storage compartment on top. They're very durable and b/c they fold away, are very convenient to store. I bought mine at Walmart for $10 less than what they wanted at Petco and Petsmart.

Thela

Thanks everyone. I have ordered a Vari Kennel (found out from the manufacturer that the Deluxe is not approved for airline travel without additional locking/securing) in a medium size so hopefully it will work.

Thanks everyone.  I have ordered a Vari Kennel (found out from the manufacturer that the Deluxe is not approved for airline travel without additional locking/securing) in a medium size so hopefully it will work.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I just got 2 medium Vari Kennel Deluxe kennels from Petco. They were less than $40 each, with taxes and shipping to my doorstep (with the 20% off first time customer deal). They are a snap to put together and take apart, and all you need for them to be airline approved is a zip tie at each knob (5 altogether).

Archived