CairnTalk

Charlie gets a new toy

ppipho

Charlie got a new toy today. A 6 foot squeaky snake. He seems to be a lillte confused by it still. He has been dragging the head around and then turning to quickly pounce on the tail which is dragging behind him. This dog brings so much joy and delight to my life. I have been laughing (with him, not at him, of course) since I gave it to him.post-4111-0-33982200-1345912090_thumb.jp

• Like 1

Aww, what a sweetie! Cairns = high entertainment value.

I used to have 2 plush snakes like that when I was little. They didn't squeak, though. Wonder what my guys would do if I brought one home?

I ordered if from here: http://www.ltdcommodities.com/Pets/67%22-Jumbo-Snake-Dog-Toy/prod560717.jmp?sorted=Y&navAction=push&fm=leftnav&categoryId=cat51972&navCount=0

I should warn you though, it does not look real heavy duty if your dog will tug on it. Charlie has been chewing on it and dragging it around with no issues though! He has had a blast with it!

Cute pic of Charlie with his snake wrapped around him. 6 foot! Charlie might need a little brother to help him tackle it. :)

Elsie, Max, Meeko & Lori

I think it's great you can get a picture of your cairn with a stuffed toy. Kelly would have ripped its face off before I could get out the camera.

Great picture.

Day 3 and he is still loving the snake! He rolls around with it and it gets wrapped around him and looks like it is constricting him--he is just so funny with it! Besides a small red squeaky ball with a clown face and his chewy ropes, this has been the toy that seems to have held his attention for the longest! No brother for him for sure Dempsy's Mom! I went to the state fair yesterday and they had tons of cute dogs there--no cairns but a super nice looking scottish terrier in wheaton color! I had never seen one that color before. Very tempting, but I think Charlie likes to be top and only dog for now!

Can you have Charlie come over and teach Addie about treating toys with respect? Addie had to get some yearly shots this past week; because of a reaction I now spread them out over three weeks. So I was feeling baby for my baby having to get stuck with a needle and went out and bought her three new squeaky toys. She destroyed two of them on the day of purchase.

Although now that I think of it, the one toy that has survived is a foot long purple snake.

That is SUCH a cute photo. I keep picturing him pouncing on the end.

"as far as i am concerned cairns are the original spirit from which all terriers spring, and all terriers are cairns very deep down inside." pkcrossley

Haha nice pic! charlie is going to have a blast!!!

I might buy fonzy that big snake toy how is it?

Edited by Newman

9yNb8di.jpg
Click to show the full size image!

Charlie is a good boy! Emmett would have already destroyed that snake! All 6 feet of it and have stuffing hanging from his fur!

Charlie is a good boy! Emmett would have already destroyed that snake! All 6 feet of it and have stuffing hanging from his fur!

This makes me very eager to get one for fonzy, do you have any reviews of the snake toy? i want to buy one !

9yNb8di.jpg
Click to show the full size image!

Charlie has had it for quite awhile and still loves it and it is in good shape still. He is a little more gentle with his toys than some dogs may be. He chews at it, but doesn't tug or tear at it. If you have a dog that is pretty aggressive with toys, it may not last too long as the underbelly of it seems a little less durable. Charlie drags it around, chews at the eyes and tag and pounces on it a lot. It is holding up well for him. The tounge is felt like, so if he goes after that, that may not last long, but so far he has been only chewing where he can make it squeak. It is made of a softer fabric.

I ordered one and it finally arrived last night. It lasted 24 hours. Sassy murderlized it. Darn near decapitated it. It was going so well and I was teasing Sassy about killing the snake and not being able to. Well she found the seam around the neck and ended up with a basketball sized pile of stuffing. Might be able to stitch it back together, although sewing isn't my thing. Maybe I should run it over to the vet hospital and give an intern some hands on training.

To bad as this is one toy she actually took to for more than 30 seconds.

Edited by remltr

Sassy Jan 22, 2005

AM. CH. THARRBARR LITE MY FIRE ZOMERHOF