CairnTalk

Ordinaryseawomn

ordinaryseawomn

Hi everyone!

I have some rare time to spend on the interwebs and thought I'd finally post a picture of my lovely family.

Luna (aka LunaTuna, Tunafish and the Sandwitch) is the beautiful raven haired mistress of mahem. She enjoys getting loose and running through the neighborhood, enforcing a strict perimeter and snuggling on the couch. She's a champion sitter and will roll over at the slightest whiff of liverwurst.

Harley (aka Harleyman, "the little fat kid", and Harles) is a bit older, a bit wiser--but just a bit. My DH thinks he's not purebread, and I say he's probably part stoner. He enjoys eating Luna's food, sleeping, and watching TV. His pop-corn catching skills are unrivaled in our household, though I think he secretly resents Luna's superior roll over abilities.

Last time I was home we went canoeing...

post-3943-0-33962600-1342547389_thumb.jpg

The only rules are that everyone in the boat wears a life jacket and

post-3943-0-78034500-1342549305_thumb.jp

Everyone has a good time.

There's no place like home! Cheers!

post-3943-0-33962600-1342547389_thumb.jp

It's nice to hear from you again - we've missed you! Your clan looks very happy floating along in the canoe. Do Luna and Harley ever do any swimming?

Take care and keep in touch.

• 3 months later...

post-3943-0-85258800-1353065972_thumb.jppost-3943-0-36784400-1353066020_thumb.jp

I just realized I have the rare combination of time, wi-fi and new pictures! I'm on the ship right now, sitting in the shipyard. Sometimes when I get homesick I look through pictures of home and the hoary hounds for a pick me up. The next few posts feature pictures from the day before I left home...we took the dogs to the beach and everyone had a wonderful time! I hope you enjoy these pictures as much as I do! :D

• Like 1

post-3943-0-93488100-1353066265_thumb.jppost-3943-0-39923300-1353066353_thumb.jp

Harley is such a water dog--he cracks us up! He love the water, loves to swim--sometimes he won't come out! These little dogs are so cool!

post-3943-0-62215000-1353066666_thumb.jppost-3943-0-04722300-1353066751_thumb.jp

Luna on the other hand, not so much. She used to hate the water, but she's better about it...she'll swim, but really what she wants to do is wait and steal the stick from Harley.

post-3943-0-22128800-1353067056_thumb.jppost-3943-0-38293600-1353067072_thumb.jp

My sweet crazy Luna...we had such a time with her--she's nothing like Harley...she's very active and alert. Last year she started having seizures while I was away at work--it was kind of a good thing, actually. My husband really got to bond with her and she's slowed down some. She's on meds (not pheno, the other one) and hasn't had any seizures since.

It really was a blessing...she takes 1 pill twice a day...all they know is that they get awesome treats twice a day. Harley is stoked! :D

She was very very active...almost hyper-vigillent. After the siezures she's still busy, but it's like the volume has been turned down a bit. We also got a new vet out of the deal...a great woman who fawns over them as much as we do.

Oh and the best part of all she and my husband bonded big time. She still drives him crazy at times but that's what family's for...

Nice pics! Love the boat pictures, too. How long are you away from home at a stretch? Gosh, I miss my boys when I'm gone a day, let alone what you have to do!

Jandy and my Cairns, Kirby & Phinney 

Love those photos in the canoe. When we took our Allie along for a paddle many years ago, she kept jumping out into the water...I am impressed that yours stay in the boat!

I'm usually gone overseas for 4-6 months at a stretch....and I miss them TERRIBLY! I love reading folks' stories and seeing the pictures--this forum really feeds needs for dog love!

Thanks for letting me share pictures of these two silly little dogs. :D

Cairnless for 4-6 months?! I couldn't do it. I'd jump ship and swim home, especially if I had those two sweethearts waiting for me.

Wow, hheldorfer's got that right! That would be tough. Love to see pics of you and your family at the shore.

Thank you so much. :lol:

Max and Nelly
signature.jpg.1a2f02ae93418630654caf879c6d4783.jpg