CairnTalk

Worried about Murphy

BetsyNoodle

Not sure if this would work for Murphy but what if you bought a can of tuna (the kind packed in water, not oil) and gave him the liquid out of that? I sometimes put a few spoonfuls of the 'tuna water' on kibble and our two love it.

Sending positive energy to Murphy!

Jo, Jagger & Eddie

jagger_julytomarch.jpg

just read this, so sorry to hear about Murphy, I hope is is on his way to revovery soon... I know is heart breaking to see them not being themselves...

Napoleon is always licking and gnawing at his paws and I do check him for lumps....

my other dog who is 10 has lumps around his side the vet told me they are fatty tummors.

When Napoleon was sick I gave him pedyalite.. with a syringe so he would drink!!

I would definitely check with the vet to make sure he's getting enough fluids. Dehydration can take these little guys down fast.

Addie and I are still sending our best wishes and waiting with crossed fingers and paws that the pathology report comes back with good news.

"as far as i am concerned cairns are the original spirit from which all terriers spring, and all terriers are cairns very deep down inside." pkcrossley

Count me in to those that had to google grass awns. Thanks BetsyNoodle for the advice about checking for bumps; it only makes sense but sometimes we need to have the obvious held up in front of us. Best wishes to Murph again, and hope the test results are good news.

Just catching up with the thread. Surgery is worrisome, but I bet the TLC Murphy's getting is just

what the doctor ordered. Please take care and keep us posted. :hug:

Max and Nelly
signature.jpg.1a2f02ae93418630654caf879c6d4783.jpg

This morning our vet called with the best news we could possibly get: The mass on Murphy's toe was an inflammatory response to the grass awn. No mast cells or cancer cells of any type were found. The vet sounded so relieved and happy to be giving good news. We are - to put it mildly - over the moon! When I got the call Murphy picked up on my excitement because he began yodeling for the first time since his surgery last Thursday!

The vet saw Murphy yesterday and said he didn't appear dehydrated. Of course, by that time I had taken all of your wonderful advice and was getting water into him. I have been feeding Murphy soft food with a little bit of roasted chicken floated in water in three smaller meals per day. It works like a charm.

My husband and I want to thank every single one of you who has posted during our "wait." The burden was so much easier to bear with support. :hug:

With deep gratitude,

Melissa, George, Murphy and Gracie the Lab

Edited by BetsyNoodle
  • Like 4

So happy for Murphy! What a relief and just in time to enjoy a wonderful father's day. B)

Elsie, Max, Meeko & Lori

THAT IS THE BEST NEWS EVER!!! Thanks for keeping us updated-I know we have all had our fingers crossed for Murphy. :D

What a relief! Give Murphy a big cuddle and some belly rubs from all of us. We're delighted to hear this news and hope Murphy is on the mend and back to full-time yodeling.

Thank you all so, so much. It will be a great Father's Day indeed! Murphy has been "talking" and yodeling most of the day. I am guessing that even though we were trying our best to hide our anxiety from him, he was picking up on it. These little ones are so intuitive!!

Yippee! What wonderful news.

Until one has loved an animal, a part of  one's soul remains unawakened.  - Anatole France

Adventures with Sam &Rosie

WONDERFUL NEWS!

So glad everything turned out for the best. Give the little man a cuddle from all of us.

"as far as i am concerned cairns are the original spirit from which all terriers spring, and all terriers are cairns very deep down inside." pkcrossley