CairnTalk

Dempsy's first encounter with a kite.

Dempsy's Mom

For a treat for Demps yesterday we stopped for a short romp at the dog park. A man was there flying his kite. Dempsy noticed the kite immediately and spent the entire time running around with his nose in the air barking at the kite. It did crash and Demps was ready to attack it and rip it to shreds. None of the other dogs cared about the kite, just Demps. He did not like the noisy flutter it made and all it's swoops. It wasn't quite what I had wanted from the dog park, but Demps did get his excersice and slept on the way home. Mixed feelings about kites at the dog park.

Elsie, Max, Meeko & Lori

He probably thought it was one of those chicks, flying the coop!

Jock goes crazy when Maggpie's and pigeons fly over our place, a kite would get the same reaction as Demps .

Until one has loved an animal, a part of  one's soul remains unawakened.  - Anatole France

Adventures with Sam &Rosie

I don't think Jack has seen a kite but, the Met Life blimp flew over not long ago while we were on a walk. Seems he could have fixated on it for hours if it hadn't been for the swiming that he knew was coming.

Hmm...I don't know that Tanner's ever seen a kite. However, hot air balloons drive him crazy!!

Becky & Tanner

Hogan totally ignores airplanes, but a helicopter requires sitting down and watching until completely out of sight...they seem to mystify him.

Fun how their brains work. This man that had the kite .... he was more interested in his kite than keeping his dog off of Demps. That's why when it crashed I was tempted to let Demps tear it to shreds. It wasn't a pleasant visit.

Elsie, Max, Meeko & Lori

He probably thought it was one of those chicks, flying the coop!

lol.

That guy was letting his dog jump on Demps?? I would have let Demps chew up that kite.

Yeah, dumb dog kept humping. :confused: The guy would yell at him, but was pretty much involved with his kite to give any attention to his dog. We only stayed about 10 minutes. His dog was so scatter brainy. Demps paid no attention to him, but he did like barking at the kite. It was tempting to act just as dumb about his kite if it laid there in pieces - after Dempster it would of been ready for the Dumpster. :lol:

Elsie, Max, Meeko & Lori

Archived