CairnTalk

I should have called them Katz and Jammer!

bubba

So, last night, Cooper the cairn was making his nightly mad dashes thru the living room and dining room. I don't know how he does it, but in a perfect figure eight without touching a thing. Meanwhile, Yoda the schnoodle learned how to get up on the furniture this past week. Normally, Yoda would hide under the couch peeking out w/his little nose and eyeballs looking at this freak whizzing past at 90mph!

Last night, Yoda decided he could jump on the couch! Up Yoda goes. Round and round Cooper goes. Time for a rest and Cooper is under the couch looking for his buddy. When he can't see him, he starts barking - LOUD! (One of these days I may have to buy those Depends things if these two keep this up.) So, there was Cooper barking and scooting under the couch, and Yoda on top of the couch hanging upside down looking at Cooper.....it was more than I could handle.

Naturally, as soon as I go get the camera, the fun and games stop.

So from now on, I'll be known as Pat w/the camera hanging around her neck I guess.......

pat.

Children don't care how much you know...they want to know how much you care.

Cute story! Scout does the figure eight thingie too. I guess they are getting rid of pent up energy!

I always have to go get the camera too and I end up missing the "moment" by doing so.

How old are Yoda and Cooper?

Cooper is 1.5 yr old cairn, and Yoda is a schnoodle (miniature who will weigh only about 10lbs when full grown), turning 5 months on 10/19.

pat.

Pat, our Scully does that figure 8 thing too. It's round the recliner, through the legs of the drum table (without hitting her head), zipping into the dining room and around the table and back through the same loop. Then she jumps up on your stomach if you're sitting there watching her.

Does anyone else's Cairns suddenly get full of vim and vigor between 6 and 8 p.m.? She'll be so quiet and lying on the sofa and once my husband settles in for the night, then we have to start nudging dad's hand with her head to make him lift it up, then it's attack dad's hands and nibble on them. Oh yeah, then she does the cat imitation and will climb up on dad, up on his shoulder, and walk across the top of the sofa. What a :devil:

My Brodie does the Mad-dashes @ 100mph in a figure 8 too! It cracks me up. It seems that he is wanting to make me laugh,... the more I laugh, the faster he goes. Brodie, does this loud fast panting.(almost like he's laghing too) He's 1.5yrs too. I can act like I'm trying to catch him, and he'll run a bit then stop and turn arouond to chase me. He's a clown!!!!

Joanne,

That is about the time Cooper makes his nightly run. It is the funniest thing. It scares poor Yoda to death though...he just doesn't know what to think! He has done this since he was little. He used to somehow reach out and nip my foot as he passed, never once slowing down, but I broke him of that habit!

pat.

Archived