CairnTalk

Gypsy - Rainbow Bridge

TazTalk

Our sweet Gypsy went to the Rainbow Bridge yesterday. After 16 years, we are missing her so, so much.

She was such a trooper – even in the end with the loss of sight and hearing. Last week her deterioration went to next level. On Saturday we made the very difficult and sad, but necessary decision. The hardest part was from Saturday when we made the appointment, until yesterday. Such a heaviness.

Gypsy was our second Cairn, the first was Bandit her older brother by 2 years. They actually had the same parents. When we brought her home, she just adored Bandit and followed him everywhere. One of my best friends got 2 Cairn pups because her family enjoyed Bandit & Gypsy so much.

Gyspy was very quirky in her younger days … she would attack the water hose, lick shadows on our walls, and chase lights (a little bit of OCD). Her nickname was psycho dog for a while. She survived valley fever (a serious illness from desert spores) and ACL surgery. When we got Taz in 2008, I think he helped to keep her energized.

Last night we pulled out her pictures and talked about all the good memories.

Good-bye Little Gyp, Baby, GypGyp, Gyperdo … you gave us so much love.

(The puppy pix are her and Bandit - her idol)

post-3864-0-82436300-1332352854_thumb.jp

post-3864-0-86918600-1332352865_thumb.jp

post-3864-0-20834300-1332352876_thumb.jp

post-3864-0-45852700-1332352887_thumb.jp

You have a very sad heart right now. The memories and pictures of Gypsy will help. I'm sure Taz feels the loss as well. God bless and take care.

I am so sorry to hear of your loss. Gypsy was a beautiful little girl and will be deeply missed. My thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family during this difficult time.

:hug: All those happy, happy memories!! You have such a big heart to help her and know when it was time. She loved you as no other, as each Cairn loves us all. May you always find comfort here on the forum and know that we all feel your pain and happy memories.

Each dog is a special one and remains special in our memories. Gypsy lived a long and good life with you and yours to love her and take care of her. That's wonderful.

I'm glad I'm home alone today - no one will see this tear, except the dogs. And they always seem to understand. Thank you for sharing Gypsy with us, and for being her family - she was in a good place for a good life, well lived and lovingly ended. Kind thoughts to your family, including Taz.

CAIRNTALK: Questions? Need help? → Support Forum Please do not use PMs for tech support
CRCTC: Columbia River Cairn Terrier Club 

Thinking of you, your family, and Taz today. I am very sorry for you loss, and I hope the kisses from Taz and the memories of Gypsy help heal your heart.

Its so hard to say goodbye to your very best friend. May your 16 yrs of wonderful memories be a comfort to you. I too have tears in my eyes... how can we not. We all will lose our best friends in the end also.

Until one has loved an animal, a part of  one's soul remains unawakened.  - Anatole France

Adventures with Sam &Rosie

Idaho Cairns

Adrienne, very sad, sad news and I am so sorry that you lost your Gypsy, even after all those years. Thanks for helping her past the pain and the suffering--being there when she absolutely needed you the more than any time in her long life. I truly wish there were words that could console you and your family tonight but there just aren't. Try to focus on the better place that she has gone. Peace, we are thinking of you this evening.

i feel for you. wonderful long life, harder for you right now to be without your beautiful friend after so long together, i hope soon you can rejoice in gypsy's great luck --and yours.

Thank you for all the beautiful words - you are all so comforting. Knowing that you feel the same incredible bond and love for these dogs makes your messages very special.

I must admit, I was concerned about Taz today. So I drove home for lunch just to check on him. He seems fine so far. Gypsy had spent so much time in bed lately that Taz and her didn't interact a great deal, but I think he enjoyed having her around. I even started a new game of hide and seek with him today to keep him busy.

Hugs to everyone :hug:

I'm so very sorry to learn of your loss of Gypsy. What a beautiful girl she was! May all your wonderful memories of her (and I know you have so many) bring you solace.

You will be in our prayers.

Godspeed, sweet Gypsy!

No words can express the sorrow of losing a loved one. Take care and know my thoughts are with you.

Husband and dog missing ...25 cents reward for dog

Archived