CairnTalk

Cutter Dykstra my precious boy

TiggersMom

On November 2, 2011 we had to have my precious Cutter euthanized at 2:30 AM in the morning. He was nearly two months short of his 17th birthday. He had a growth on his scrotum which we weren't aware of and it burst. They couldn't do surgery on him to close the wound because of his age so I had to make the decision to let my baby go :crybaby: . I was nearly twenty-two years old when I got him. I had him nearly half of my life. He was still energetic and lively right up until the time he passed on. He didn't want to be weighed on the scale when we got to the animal hospital and he jumped off the scale and he was trotting around the office and wagging his tail. I held him in my arms while they euthanized him. I figured it was the fitting thing to do because for the entire 16 1/2 years I had him (got him on April 29, 1995) he always slept with me every night. I told him to go back to his mommy (my Mom) who passed away a year ago last October. He went very quickly and he was at peace. He knew it was time for him to move on back to the woman who loved him and bought him for me for my 22nd birthday. I have yet to get another dog. I still have my baby Tigger who will be 3 in February and he keeps me on my toes and brings me great joy. I'm attaching a picture of Cutter that was taken when he was 18 months old. He knew he wasn't supposed to be on the picnic table and that he was in big trouble, LOL. I love you and miss you Cutty!

post-637-0-62883400-1324370591_thumb.jpg

Life is like a bowl of cherries; Some Sweet, Some Sour, or JUST THE PITS!

So sorry for your loss-I went through the same thing one year ago. It is really hard but the pictures and memories will make you smile. God bless...

separation from these wonderful little people after such a long time is very painful. we identify whole phases of our lives by them. i am happy that cutter had such a spectacularly long and healthy life here. you'll see him again.

Sorry--the holiday season with so much happiness can be difficult following this kind of loss. Let time work it's magic and cherish all those long years you had with such a wonderful companion. I think we all understand your pain and wish it were not so.

Its so hard to say goodbye to a best friend... my thoughts are with you.

Until one has loved an animal, a part of  one's soul remains unawakened.  - Anatole France

Adventures with Sam &Rosie

I very sorry to hear about your loss.

Your picture I'm sure captures the spirit of Cutter. May your memories give you peace.

So very, very sorry to hear you had to say farewell to your precious Cutter. What a beautiful boy he was! May he find all the best picnic tables at Rainbow Bridge and may your wonderful memories of him ease your sorrow. :candle:

Godspeed, beloved Cutter! I am sure my little Cairn mix, Betsy Noodle's, beautiful yodel greeted you at the threshold of the Bridge.

Sending hugs,

Melissa

I am very sorry for your loss.

May you have peace this Christmas season, and I am very glad you have a lively Tigger as a companion.

• 3 weeks later...

I am so sorry. That is a beautiful photo of Cutter. Almost 17 years old! He had a wonderful life with you.

It's been 2 months since we lost Carolina, (Nov 5th) and it's still tough. I will be thinking of you.

Yes almost 17 years. He would have been seventeen today as a matter of fact. I'm just thankful he was so healthy and full of energy right up until the end. I always told my Mom that he wouldn't calm down until the day he died and he didn't. He was still full of piss and vinegar right up until the day he had to be euthanized.

Life is like a bowl of cherries; Some Sweet, Some Sour, or JUST THE PITS!

Yes almost 17 years. He would have been seventeen today as a matter of fact. I'm just thankful he was so healthy and full of energy right up until the end. I always told my Mom that he wouldn't calm down until the day he died and he didn't. He was still full of piss and vinegar right up until the day he had to be euthanized.

How ironic: Cutter died on 11-2 and Carolina on 11-5 AND he was born on 1-13 and Carolina on 1-21, (different year though.)

Please accept our condolences...

Ben, Jen, (Daughters) Jessie and Meghan

If you want to leave your footprints in the Sands of Time, Wear WorkBoots...

Archived