CairnTalk

TwoDogNight

TwoDogNight

Hello!

I am new to the forum but not new to Cairns. My history starts in San Antonio, Tx, where am walkin down the street one day, in the month of May.... and found this beautiful little red fox? dog? running toward me, across a busy street! Yikes!!!! I scooped her up and gave her love.... she was very scared. No collar, no licence, no ID, just an invisible fence collar. :shock: Well I asked her to follow me home, (to get a leash), and I would walk her to my vet. She followed right along, smart, smart girl!!! Surely she would be micro-chipped, she was beautiful (solid red with black points & muzzle, just like a fox) someone must love her.....

Well she had a chip and her name was Molly and my vet was her vet. :D I asked my vet what kind of dog she was... a Cairn Terrier! I was hooked!!

I moved shortly after that to Omaha, NE and now I have two Cairns of my own. Ripley is my male and Islay is my female. They are brother and sister two years apart, and the animal loves of my life!

post-5621-0-87474700-1323497339_thumb.jp

Neat story! Too bad, for you, not the owner, that you could not have kept Molly but apparently she had a mission--to get you to find Cairn Terriers. Welcome aboard with Ripley and Islay, if you love Cairns, this is the place to be.

Welcome to the forum! And Omaha has a special place in my heart because it's where I picked up my little rescue Addie. Your Cairns are lovely! I love that being brother and sister they have such different colouring.

"as far as i am concerned cairns are the original spirit from which all terriers spring, and all terriers are cairns very deep down inside." pkcrossley

Hello!

I am new to the forum but not new to Cairns. My history starts in San Antonio, Tx, where am walkin down the street one day, in the month of May.... and found this beautiful little red fox? dog? running toward me, across a busy street! Yikes!!!! I scooped her up and gave her love.... she was very scared. No collar, no licence, no ID, just an invisible fence collar. :shock: Well I asked her to follow me home, (to get a leash), and I would walk her to my vet. She followed right along, smart, smart girl!!! Surely she would be micro-chipped, she was beautiful (solid red with black points & muzzle, just like a fox) someone must love her.....

Well she had a chip and her name was Molly and my vet was her vet. :D I asked my vet what kind of dog she was... a Cairn Terrier! I was hooked!!

I moved shortly after that to Omaha, NE and now I have two Cairns of my own. Ripley is my male and Islay is my female. They are brother and sister two years apart, and the animal loves of my life!

post-5621-0-87474700-1323497339_thumb.jp

Good story. I have a Ripley too, but she's a female! Welcome!

Welcome to the forum. You have 2 beautiful Cairns, and a beautiful story. I love it. Thank you so much for sharing. I can't wait for more stories from you.

Welcome to the forum - so glad you found this site. Your two are gorgeous pups and they sure do have lots of toys. Love the x-large bed - looks big enough for even me. Thanks for sharing that wonderful story on your introduction to Cairns. Molly's owner must have been very happy to have her back and I hope she takes better care of her baby. Just goes to show you why they need to be on a leash at all times. Looking forward to hearing more stories and pics.

Husband and dog missing ...25 cents reward for dog

Thank you for the wonderful welcome!!!

I originally stopped by to find a breeder in our area. Our former breeder is no longer breeding Cairns, and we want to add a little bundle to our family.

After my adventure with Miss Molly I fell in love with Carins and had to have one. I had been thinking about getting a dog for a long time and researching breeds when Molly intervened...

I found a wonderful breeder and hence, Ripley my Faithful joined our family in 2005. After a year or so we decided to add to our family again and our Islay Peanut joined us in 2007. I really can't remember what life was like without them....???? :lol:

They have traveled across the US and back with me, and throughout Europe. We laugh everyday with them!!!

Welcome! Molly and Ripley are beautiful cairns. It's so interesting to hear how people fall in love with their furbabies, thank you for sharing. Love all the toys, no need in asking if they are spoiled.

Edited by Hawkeye

• 5 months later...

Hello and welcome, what beautiful Cairns you have. What a nice story you have that introduced you to Cairns. :D We found our Cairn, Scruffy, in a shelter, what a wonderful, fun girl she is. Ron, Gracie and Scruffy.