CairnTalk

Cubby

cairnrescueleague

Cubby - August 7, 1996-October 3, 2011

Fifteen years ago, Cubby leapt into my arms and into my heart.

Today, he took the final leap out of my arms,

But he will be in my heart forever.

post-1198-0-81150600-1317680807.gif

Idaho Cairns

Lovely looking little boy. So sorry but fifteen years is a good long time to enjoy a precious Cairn. While he left your arms today, he is still locked in your heart where he will stay. God bless, I know this is very difficult and I wish you peace today and tomorrow.

What a sweet face.. he had a great owner who made his life a good one. Good on you for doing the work you do.

Until one has loved an animal, a part of  one's soul remains unawakened.  - Anatole France

Adventures with Sam &Rosie

oh no. i am so very sorry t hear this. it is an enviably long life, and a great friendship for you both. i am very sad for you.

Cubby had such a cute and happy face. I am so sorry for your loss -- I'm sure you have some wonderful memories from those 15 years.

i think we all have to remember that cubby and buck were part of katie's inspiration for the cairn rescue league. how many wonderful little dogs have benefited from their good work and good lives? this is the loss of a great little man.

yes, my first rescue was one of cubby's littermates - i remember reading about this troublesome little pup on the original cairn list, and he was in the same area, so i contacted the owner and yup, one of cubby's brothers - i arranged for him to go to a dairy farm in ny, where he spent his days herding the chickens and scaring off coyotes - his name was genghis cairn

My heart goes out to you on the loss of your boy Cubby. Bless you, Katie, for all you have done for Cairns in need.

(Genghis Cairn - an outstanding name, by the way.)

So sorry for your loss.As I know the pain all to well, I also know that nothing I could say would ease it. I wish I had some magical words for you now.

So sorry to hear of your loss, what a sweet, happy looking little fella he was. 15 years of wonderful memories and a special place in your heart but it doesn't make this sad time any easier for you.

www.cairnterriertalk.co.uk

I'm sorry for your loss. His cuteness and spunk shine through in that photo. I'll hold your heart in my thoughts.

I'm so sorry for your loss. He was a gorgeous looking boy. Many kudos to you for all the great work you do.

• 2 weeks later...

Only now did I read of Cubby's death. His photo seems to capture the essence of what we all love about our spirited cairns.

I send you my condolences and my heartfelt thanks for all you've done for these wonderful little dogs!

FEAR THE CAIRN!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived