CairnTalk

Wickett

msummerswind

We had to put our little dog Wickett to sleep last Friday. He was 15yrs old. He had lived a long good life, but none of us were ready to let him go. He was part of our original 4 troop of dogs we had. Tramp (schnauzer/terrier mix), Crystal (beagle/cocker spaniel), Schroeder (miniature schnauzer), and last, but not least, Wickett (cairn terrier). We had gotten them all within a couple of years, so they were all close to the same age. We lost the first 3 a couple of summers ago. I wasn't sure we would survive the heartbreak of that summer. But we still had Wickett and we clung to him. We then got him a buddy....Sydnee (australian shepherd/border collie) and then eventually, Snickers (chihuahua/dachsund). They all became fast friends. Sydnee and Snickers keep whining and looking for Wickett. Just breaks our hearts. But we had all agreed that we don't want any of our animals to ever suffer if we can help it. But that doesn't help the hurting and the missing. We all love you, Wickett. We miss you and you will be in our hearts and memories always!

Oh, I am so sorry to hear about Wickett. My cairn Cubby turned 15 in August, and I think when they reach that age, part of us starts to think they're going to last forever. It sounds as if you're able to remember all the good times you had with Wickett. I treasure each moment with Cubby. God bless.

Always sorry to hear of a loss of a dog. It is tuff and my heart goes out to you. I love the name Wickett and I am happy that Wickett got to have such a loving family with good friends to play with. Hunter, my sisters dog, died a couple of months back and to this day when we drive up in her yard Dempsy is thinking he is going to play with Hunter. It really leaves your heart empty and you wish you could make it better for him .... So sorry, hang in there.

Elsie, Max, Meeko & Lori

thank you for telling us about wicket. he had a wonderful life with you, and you did a wonderful thing for him. that i like to hear about. but i am very sorry for your loss and your pain.

I'm always saddened to hear of the loss of such a good friend as Wickett. (What a perfect name for a Cairn, by the way.) Keep your memories of him and think of the good times you had together. If it would help, please share a picture of your little guy and/or a story of his antics.

We're here for you. :hug:

sorry you lost your Wickett :( It's moments like this that it would be great if we could talk with our animals, making sure they understand and hey, maybe they could say something to help us hurt less. Stay strong

Did you mean that you had 3 dogs die in one summer? If you don't mind sharing, what happen?

I became a dog person AFTER I got my dog.

Bestfriends2-1-1.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

So sorry to read of the loss of your beloved Wicket. I was very moved to read your description of your life with him and your other dogs. Those of us who have seen our dogs' lives through until the end, can reflect on, and share your sadness. But I, for one was heartened to read about the wonderful life you and Wicket provided for each other and the rest of your "pack".

I wish for happy and memorable days for you ahead!

FEAR THE CAIRN!

15 wonderful years, you were blessed. Sorry for your loss.

“In order to really enjoy a dog, one doesn't merely try to train him to be semi-human. The point of it is to open oneself to the possibility of becoming partly a dog.”

-Hoagland

• 1 month later...

I am just seeing your post about your sweet Wickett's passing. He sounds like such a little sweetheart who brought great joy to your home and hearts. I am so very sorry for your loss.

I too am very sorry for your loss. Having gone through the same, I can certainly feel your pain. Keep the memories alive and remember how much joy you gave each other. Hugs

Husband and dog missing ...25 cents reward for dog

Archived