CairnTalk

Thinking about a Cairn

Guest Tom

Hello-

We are well on our way to getting a dog and a Cairn is at the top of our list. We live in Sammamish, Washington. We'd enjoy meeting and talking to several breeders in the area.

While we are relatively new to the "Cairn World" they have been highly recommended by several close friends. Our choice would be a wheaton cairn, but we are open.

Any thoughts, recommendations, or insight would be greatly appreciated!

The Poole Family

Tom, Marisa, Meghan and Max

tom@poole.com

Good luck on your search Tom. You are fortunate in that the Northwest has an active Cairn community. A couple of links that may help you:

AKC events search

Cairn Terrier Club of America

Cascade Cairn Terrier Club

The AKC link will help you find all-breed shows where you might be able to meet Cairns exhibitors. They will often either be breeders or be able to refer to breeders they know in the area.

The CTCA link is to the national breed 'parent' club; it provides a search facility that can help you locate responsible breeders in your area who are members of the Cairn Terrier Club of America. This forum exists courtesy of the CTCA. (See disclaimer at the bottom of every forum page.)

The Cascade link is to a Washington-Oregon Cairn club that is neither AKC nor CTCA affiliated, but has been continuously active in the breed since 1988 and offers both breeder referral and rescue resources. Many, if not most, of their members are also CTCA members.

CAIRNTALK: Questions? Need help? → Support Forum Please do not use PMs for tech support
CRCTC: Columbia River Cairn Terrier Club 

• 4 years later...

Hey! I live in Port Orchard, WA (grew up in Bellevue) and just brought home our first Cairn on Friday. I used the Cairn Terrier Club of America breeder referal link to find breeders. The one that is in Graham, WA was very helpful. She asked me about my family situation and said that she would help me track down the right Cairn for us.

Good luck!

Meredith, Gus, and Daisy

both-1.jpg

I thought of one more thing.....

There is a dog show on Jan. 9 at the Puyallup Fair Grounds. There will be Cairn breeders there.

Meredith, Gus, and Daisy

both-1.jpg

Archived