CairnTalk

Birthday Cake Recipe Needed

Milopup

Hello,

My lil' pup will be celebrating his 1-year birthday in a few days and I wanted to make him a birthday cake. Does anyone have a recipe that might be suitable? If it is something that humans would find palatable as well, so much the better, but it must be safe for pups. I found some online that have sugar and/or wheat flour (which I thought were not great for dogs?) so am avoiding those ones.

Thanks.

Don't have a doggie cake recipe but when you find one and bake it, "Frosty Paws" which is sort of an ice cream for dogs will go along wonderful with it. Duffy loves Frosty Paws. Here in CA, Safeway and Albertsons both carry it. :D

MikeC

Well, I don't know about altering a dog's diet even for a day. This morning Wes had diarrhea from swiping a few of my noodles. Now wheat- which is in most cakes- might be a problem.

In my family because of diabetes, we celebrate birthdays with candles in jello instead of cake.

Archived