CairnTalk

Amaretto Steamer Briggs

shergry

It is with heavy heart that we say goodbye to our beautiful girl...Amaretto. She came to us as our first dog (as a couple) born 11-30-94. She came into our lives Feb. 1995. Joy of our lives, brought with her many a years of mischief, mayhem, great memories, wonderful adventures (some planned, most not planned) and lots and lots of LOVE!! She would give kisses freely, she would talk forever, she would demand that she be heard!!! She LOVED treats, FOOD, play, being with "her DAD"!! She was a "Daddy's GIRL"!!

For many years she would tell us that there was a thunderstorm brewing...about 30 minutes before it hit. She hated those storms and even went outside a few times to tell them off!! She loved her "daddy's" food, whenever he was in the kitchen...she was right there by his side ready to help.

Amaretto started out in a "puppy farm" and ended up getting her obedience title in 1998, she said that is all she wanted..so we listened and took her out of the ring. Everyone that met her loved her gate, and had a beautiful sit. For a "rescue" she was one greatly structured girl. She was big for a female and she let you know it! Very expressive with her eyes, paws (to show you were the treats were, etc.) and the way she talked...sure seemed like she had a "big story" to tell and wanted to make sure you listened. So she would get right in front of you and start her story...you were not going to get by her until she was done; and then she thought she needed a treat for telling you such a wonderful story!

Her sister and brother (by adoption) will miss her greatly..she showed them how to get out of their cages, get into trouble and get away with messing up the house. What a great teacher/sibling she was to have around.

It is going to be very quiet here for a while...our beautiful girl is now in heaven playing with her friend Popcorn (cat) and my other cairn Shimba (passed in Jan. 1995)...may they play, get treats forever. Passed away 5/31/11; 9:00am.

I'm very sorry to hear of your loss. May Amaretto live forever in the memories of those she loved. :hug:

Idaho Cairns

To be sure, we are very sorry for your loss but love the wonderful obituary you created for your Amaretto. Be aware that all that love is not really lost, you have it in the halls of your memories where it will remain bright forever.

Please revisit those pictures, they did not come thru for me and I would really like to see your little girl. Take care today.

I thought I had attached. Let us try these pics.

They come up if I touch them. Hope you can too.

Thank you for your kind words so quickly. And yes, we have looked at baby/puppy pics and video of her in her prime. :-D

post-2767-0-85401300-1306864155_thumb.jp

post-2767-0-38119400-1306864201_thumb.jp

post-2767-0-38884200-1306864244_thumb.jp

That was a wonderful salute to Amaretto's life. Really love the parts were she was "going to be heard" - made me smile. God bless both of you & Amaretto for all the love you freely gave each other. A life well shared. So sorry for the loss of your family member.

Thank you for the pics - she was absolutely beautiful.

Elsie, Max, Meeko & Lori

I am so sorry to hear of your loss. You gave a wonderful tribute to your beautiful Amaretto and I can tell she was loved very much by you and your husband. Be at peace "Daddy's Girl".

So very sorry for your loss. Amaretto was a beautiful (physically and personality) member of your family. Thank you for sharing her story - it sounds like you had an incredible journey with her and were very blessed.

I too am sending you my heartfelt sympathies. Your tribute was wonderful to read and I know only too well the memories will last forever. So sorry for your family's loss.

Husband and dog missing ...25 cents reward for dog

Idaho Cairns

Ah, she is beautiful! Thanks for the pictures, it is always comforting to see the Cairn who's passing we mourn. I wish I could make it easier for you and your family but the loss of a good dog and a good friend is so hard to bear it seems. Amaretto can now "talk" to my two girls, Tootsie, whom she resembles, and good old quiet Ginger who I know will listen to her tales of what a wonderful family she has just left.

I'm very sorry for your loss. I wish there was something I could say that would ease the pain. She was a beautiful girl.

Amaretto had a long and happy life with a wonderful family. She was a beautiful dog. My heart is with you.

So very sorry to hear of your loss...it is clear by your words that Amaretto was loved indeed. May you find the healing that comes with time and may your many memories of such a pretty girl bring you comfort. Hugs & prayers....

Becky & Tanner

Very touching life story. So sorry for your loss.

Sassy Jan 22, 2005

AM. CH. THARRBARR LITE MY FIRE ZOMERHOF

I'm sorry you lost such a wonderful companion. Thank you for sharing her memory with us.

You have honored your beloved Amaretto with such a lovely tribute. I wish there were words I could write that would somehow lessen your sorrow, but as you know, there are no such words. I am just so sorry for your loss. All those wonderful memories of your sweet girl 'talking', 'telling' her stories, and teaching her brother and sister how to get into some mischief will warm your hearts and sustain you. Her wonderful spirit will always be near you, until that glorious day when you meet again.

I hope your memories comfort you during this time. I am sorry for your loss.

Thank your for sharing her story with us. She seemed to have a full and happy life. I lost my 13 year old Dachshund Daisy two years ago this August. What helped me the most was to write her a letter. I told her "thank you" for being such a good dog and friend. It really helped me remember all the good times and how blessed I was to enjoy her companionship for so long.

it is so hard to lose such a brilliant, long-term companion. i hope you can feel warm forever about sharing this wonderful and very long life. the day she found you she was such a lucky girl.

You have our deepest sympathy. Your beautiful Amaretto had a long life, filled with love, and you will always have your memories of her. She gave you everything she could until it was her time to go, and now she is young again, able to run and play with all who went before her.

Jim & Connie

Jim, Connie, Bailey & Sophie

FLOWERCHILD-1-1.jpgBAILEYSOPHIE4-22-07002-1.jpg

It is so sad when you have to say goodbye to your very best friend. Hugs to you and your family :hug:

Until one has loved an animal, a part of  one's soul remains unawakened.  - Anatole France

Adventures with Sam &Rosie

I am sorry for your loss. It sounds like she had a wonderful life with your family.

Who rescued whom?

What a wonderful little spirit she was!!! - - - so full of mischief and LOVE - - so sorry for the loss of your little Amaretto.

Thank you everyone for ALL your kind words. It has been a week, a very quiet week. If you ever thought the pack you had was affected by the others, well we were so WRONG! She was the energy that got EVERYONE up EVERY morning! Now the other two just wait til I go up and GET them out of BED! She was the excitement for ALL FOOD!!

Our newest member came to us in March....a feral kitten; and even the cat (as he is getting BIGGER) misses her. He used to jump and run every morning over her head around her body...she giving a growl or look (as if YOU BETTER MIND!!!). And now he sticks close to DH and me whenever possible...to the point of tripping.

We always loved equally....just did not realize how much a part of their lives she was. We make special effort to get EVERYONE together for some cuddles, rubs, itches, and of course to tell "kitty" to CALM DOWN!!!

Again, THANK YOU ALL FOR ALL YOUR KIND WORDS AND HEART FELT THOUGHTS!!

Archived