CairnTalk

Stargemmer

Stargemmer

Whoa, I've been out of town but what a wonderful travelogue to come home to. Welcome and thanks so much for posting all those wonderful photos. So enjoyable ... giving me the wanderlust!

p.s. I'll edit the topic title for you. The 'edit' link is available for two hours after a post so folks can correct typos and whatnot immediately after posting; after the edit window time expires the post is committed to history :P

CAIRNTALK: Questions? Need help? → Support Forum Please do not use PMs for tech support
CRCTC: Columbia River Cairn Terrier Club 

Brad, you said it best. This is a wonderful travelogue for all of us to enjoy with you, Stargemmer. Thank you again for posting...and I am looking forward to seeing lots more from you and Holly!

Hello Alison, nice to see you here, your posts are so interesting and your photo's give me the wander lust. We keep saying we must visit the Isle of Barra in Scotland, that's where my grandma was born and brought up.

www.cairnterriertalk.co.uk

Welcome! Holly is beautiful, and I love all the pictures you posted.

My DH spent a year of overseas study back in 1993/94 in Cardiff up at the Institute on Cyncoed Avenue. He made good friends w/ people from Newport and they are our Welsh family. The last time we visited was in 1999 for the Rugby World Cup. We traveled to North Wales to Conwy and Caernarfan. Seeing your pictures makes me want to visit again. Such a beautiful country and lovely people!

Thankyou so much for all the welcomes everyone! So many to answer though! lol

Hi KerryJane great to see you here, yes! I thought the same about those pics as soon as I saw your Nessie, when her ears go up soon they will look very very similar as pups!

Hi Maggie & Hawkeye, lovely to find you both here too LOL. Yes, I must admit I'm getting a bit of wonder lust myself thinking about those Scotland trips but I doubt we'll do it this year, probably go to North Wales perhaps. Hawkeye, yes, that reminds me of the video called Where's Matt? Fantastic video, - maybe I could do one with Holly as you say :D

Islander, these places are great aren't they! I also went all the way down from John O'Groats through Wick,Inverness, wild camped up in the Cairngorms at Aviemore (and it seems we may well have met the Grey Man of Ben MacDhui!), down through Dundee, Livingstone & into the Borders. Some fabulous place there to visit.

I agree Holly fits in very well to this environment, I hope more Cairn breeders get going in Scotland to make the breed as popular in its homeland again.

Brad: Thankyou for this, it is a very good forum you have put together here, really active :) It makes sense on the editing, as then I guess it stops potential spammers posting hidden links or incorrect material after you've checked their posts, too much to police otherwise. If you want to fix the title that would be good, I think I may have done it wrong, only noticed instructions later.

Tuesday: you will know the South Wales area well! I guess you also went to mid Wales and maybe even West or Gower area? They are very beautiful. I have taken Holly to lots of those places too.

I'll see if I can dig out more pics of elsewhere, I have so many it takes time going through them all lol

What fantastic photos - they make me want to book a flight to Scotland ASAP! Holly is a beautiful girl and looks so comfortable in the picturesque surroundings - like she's ready to go to work. I'm a bit jealous . . . :shy:

. . . but welcome to the forum! I hope we'll see more of Holly and your lovely scenery in the future.

Thankyou Hheldorfer, Scotland is such a fantastic place for those who are on that wavelength. You have to be willing to take any weathers, be prepared for biting midgies, rain and hot & cold days, but it changes so much you are never bored. Holly loves it, you are right, she fits right in there!

I have hundreds of pics of Scotland, me and Holly, though many were spoiled last year as I had a smudgy lens on my camera.

As you like Scotland, here is an iconic place you will like to see. I took these pics of Eilean Donan Castle on a sunny day. Our campsite was just a few 100 yards from this castle on the loch side. These are some I like a lot, I took pictures from all angles of this castle, but this side isn't often photographed by people, so it shows a different view:

5739863292_be80a1066d.jpg

This is one of me and Holly, going down to the loch side, the loch surrounds Eilean Donan castle which is on a very small peninsular jutting out into the loch:

5739312465_f4167e1ab3.jpg

This was taken of Eilean Donan Castle at night on my cell phone. You are able to walk all around the castle grounds at night as they are open. This gave spectacular views and a different experience, but you also must visit inside the castle itself in the day time too, which is a truly Scottish castle & seat of the Clan MacRae:

5739312343_78840399cb.jpg

I suppose it might be nice to have a separate threads for some of this, like "places my Cairn has been" that anyone can contribute to, and one about their home country, Scotland (under a Cairn history area perhaps). There were several parts of Scotland and different clans bred particular colours, so would be nice to "revisit" in cyber space the places they originated from, & tell a little about it.

I love your pictures! Oh dear, the shot of Loch Lomond rekindles a desire to walk the West Highland Way, but now I only want to do it if I can bring my Cairn Loki along.

Who rescued whom?

Archived