CairnTalk

Going to see a puppy Monday

Lynn in TN

Because of things beyond my control I've had to find another breeder. I have found one closer to where I live. If things go well I'll be driving to see a 12 day old baby girl Monday. I hope I get to look at her. Maby take pictures. I'll be taking the deposit with me. I'm so excited I feel sick.

Lynn, Sorry to hear the breeder didn't work out, but I want to wish you the best of luck with this new one. 12 days old...oh you must get a picture! Please keep us posted.

I know it's hard that it didn't work out, but really, it means it wasn't right. I hope this breeder is the right fit for you!

Keep us posted!

Ohhhh poor you and the family. I was just thinking it will be just over a week ...but by your post that is not going to happen. I always think that if things are meant to be they will be. Goodness knows what happened to this last breeder but whatever it is, and I know this is hard on you guys, it just wasn't meant to be. When they say one door closes, there is always a window that opens. This must be your window. Cheer up as we are all behind you and know what you must be feeling. Eventually you will get the "right one" and you will not look back (as you won't have time!) Hugs Lynn, drive carefully and you know how much we rely on baby pictures.

Husband and dog missing ...25 cents reward for dog

For 2 weeks we were so depressed. I could not even talk about it. Every breeder I would find didn't have any pups left and wouldn't have any till next year. Then I found this one and after talking with her for 45 minutes on the phone last night I know for sure I was suppose to get my pup from her. She is so full of information and love of the breed it was great.I laughed so hard I cried.

She also told me that I would like her pups so much that I will be back for another within 2 years if not sooner. It wasn't the things she said, it was how she said them. Talking to her was like talking to all of you. Like talking to family. She wanted me to drive up and see for myself how they are raised (of course they are to young to touch) and I get to meet the Mother and Father of the pups. The Mother is wheaton the Father is brindle, the pups as of this stage in their lives are wheaton with dark faces. I guess you can tell I'm excited. Sorry to ramble.

You aren't rambling - you are telling us a story about how everything has come to pass and I, for one, love to hear how things have worked out for you. I know you will be off for summer vacation soon and how much you were looking forward to having that time to train and get used to the new baby. At least this still means you will have a puppy for part of the summer and any time is good time. Looking forward to seeing the pictures.

Husband and dog missing ...25 cents reward for dog

Idaho Cairns

As has been mentioned, everything usually happens for a purpose and I think that is especially the case with Cairn puppies sometimes. I am always amazed with how difficult it is to get a Cairn puppy and I guess I am pleased that is so because we don't want the kinds of problems associated with mass breeding. They are such nice dogs and especially so for a terrier type dog, if boggles the mind that there are so few around. The weeks will be slow, waiting for your puppy but the joy of owning your Cairn will be long and pleasurable so relish the wait, knowing it will all be worth it in the end. Happy Easter!

It's tough and I sympathize. Well-bred puppies aren't a product on a manufacturing line, so it can indeed be hard, frustrating work to find a good one -- and the timing of availability is nature's, not ours. Patience and stubbornness are definitely Cairn virtues. Good luck!

CAIRNTALK: Questions? Need help? → Support Forum Please do not use PMs for tech support
CRCTC: Columbia River Cairn Terrier Club | 2025 Calendar

I'm very sorry to hear that the first breeder didn't work out but it seems you've found another one who truly loves Cairns and is full of good information. I'll be keeping my fingers crossed for you tomorrow. And pics would be wonderful! :thumbsup:

You really seem to have bonded with this new breeder. Good luck meeting the puppies and their parents. I bet it will be love at first sight!

Get ready for puppyhood!! I forgot how much I loved he training, the puppy breath, the abundant love and trust the puppy has for us. AS a resuce person, of course resuce is a humane path, but if tat is not a possibility, breeders are the way to go. Spanky (4 months old) is my first breeder dog. The confidence, dispostion and sweetness inthis dog is noteworthy to me. Not to say that all of my dogs are not gifts and special, Spanky has proven to be a reward of some kind. Don't let a setback slow you down

Good luck on your visit today!

My husband and I had lots of troubles when looking for our cairn as well. We spoke with breeders in our area, even got to see and play with some pups, but finally it just seemed that it wasn't going to work out. Everyone really only wanted to sell to show people. Fortunately a friend out of state is a breeder of Australian Sheep dogs and his wife had recently met a cairn breeder at a show. We were introduced via email and that led to another introduction to a very nice breeder. She was knowledgeable and kind and very generous with her time. Since she wasn't going to have a litter for a year she took it upon herself to find a puppy for us. This puppy, Fearghus, is such a sweetheart ... we've been so happy with him and he's now a year old (two Sundays ago)!

Hang in there and it'll work out for the best!! Before you know it you'll have your very own sweet pup to raise. :thumbsup:

Cheers,

Tami

Archived