CairnTalk

New toys

kayharley

I just received an order of toys from Dr. Foster & Smith about 15 minutes ago. The FedEx truck was not even at the end of my road before Madison had chunks taken out of her squiggly wiggly. Winnie just sat there with this look on her face as if to say "What an idiot!" Winnie had a plastic hedgehog that lasted forever....or should I say until Madison got a hold of it. :devil:

I found the toys at F&S are alot cheaper than what I pay at Petco even with S&H so I figured I'd splurge a bit and get some different things for the girls and my soon to come puppy. My stash now consists of 2 rope/tennis ball/stuffed toys, a bag of Harpers rawhide bones, 4 nylabones, 2 edible bones, a huge black kong because Madison ripped the rubber off the other ones, a boingo ball, some cressite balls and a dumbell.

I feel funny hoarding the toys in my file cabinet but I have to ration them out or they'll be history. Just hope Madison doesn't figure out how to open the drawer.

:shock:

I am ROTFLMAO here. Scully had a squiggly wiggly and yep, she ate it! Is nothing sacred? I'm telling you kayharley, we'll find something yet that our "kids" won't bite the living heck out of. I must say that we still have a hedgehog that I paid about $1.99 for which is somewhat in existence. Scully ate it's face off; however, the rest of it's still looking good.

Scullys mom....was it by any chance one of those cheap vinyl squeaky toys with a flat bottom that came in dayglo orange or hot pink, had a small face and those rounded needle things on the top? (sorry for the boring post but the detailing is so important for me :whistle: )

I cannot find another hedgehog anywhere.... not petco, supermarkets, walmart, online. It's almost too funny because this hedgehog was priceless to my older Cairn. She'd lie with it between her paws and lick it non-stop for hours. Now that Madison is getting a little older (not wiser) I may be able to stop her from touching Win's toys if only I can find another one.

What we do for our Cairns :wub:

Hi gang, I recently learned of a line of plush toys that are supposed to be pretty indestructable. The are produced by the famous "Kong" people. Invented by Dr. Noy who created the kong toys these claim to be the thing to get for chewers. They're all over the internet. I just did a search for Dr. Noy and tons of sites came up. (also EBAY). I'm going to try one for my Amos. He's not destructive but they just look so darn cute they're irresistable. Maybe that's the answer .

Guest Tori's Mom

Tori has all the toys, rubber squeakies, rope pullers, balls, teddy bears, etc. What is her very favorite ? My socks !!!!!! At first I said no, but finally relented with two old pairs. Now her toys are stacked in her bed and what does she play with ? Those old socks, loves to get them all wet then drag them around, throw them in the air, then when they dry (all stiff and gross :sick: ), she brings them to me, let's play tug o' war - ugh ! She does not tear them apart, just makes them nice and juicy :confused: .

Yesterday I took a chance at the dog show and bought what a vender called an "almost" udestructable dog toy called Bamboo. It has a money back or replacement guarantee if it gets damaged by "anything". So far Madison has not gotten to the stuffing yet and that's something for a 24 hour toy. There's hope here, guys. :thumbsup:

So far Madison has not gotten to the stuffing yet and that's something for a 24 hour toy. There's hope here, guys. 

From your mouth to God's ears Kayharley! :lol:

Guest posting as: Darcys mom

KayHarley:

I found a porcupine squeal toy like the one shown for 88 cents at Wal-Mart. It was located up by the checkout register down low on a shelf where they put dog and cat toys in a box and they are all marked 88 cents. Of course, like you, I found pieces of the face all over the rug that evening.

Guest posting as: Darcys mom

Tori's Mom:

Our two could be twins. Darcy's favorite chew is my husband's old sock. I tie a knot at the end so she will have something to grab hold of besides my hand, and after she drags it around and chews on it with her muddy (if she's been outside and has been nosing around in the dirt) beard and mouth and gets it all nasty and muddy, then she will bring it to me to play. Yeah, right! Into the washing machine it goes. I believe she gets it dirty intentionally. It will stay clean about two hours and it begins all over again.

I do not believe there has been a dog toy invented that a Cairn cannot destroy. All of Duffy's toys are minus ears, tails, snouts, etc., etc., Nothing is sacred. This past weekend we took him to my parents house for my Dad's 81st birthday. My Mother has little stuffed animals all over her house. Duffy singlehandedly destroyed a small stuffed reindeer and one of my sisters really old cabbage patch dolls that he found in an outdoor shed. Actually, watching him tear apart the Cabbage patch doll was a hoot! Living in CA where we have Arnold The Terminator as our Govenor makes me think that a Cairn would have proved to be a great sidekick for the Terminator, together destroying anything in their paths. Auditions will be held in Sacramento next week!!!! Just kidding. :twisted:

MikeC

If I had a dollar for every toy that didn't last more than 15 minutes...

George and Gracie have destroyed every toy we have purchased that isn't made of rubber. They are both very aggressive chewers. A tennis ball doesn't last more than 15 minutes.

George has an emotional attachment to his Kong. When he sees me grab my book to sit on the deck and read he runs for his Kong and is right behind me! He knows I'll play fetch instead of reading. Gracie looks at him like he's nuts! She would much prefer to cuddle or find a new rock to bring in the house and chew on.

Crazy little critters we have chosen to love!

Archived