CairnTalk

Talking Cairns

2littleterrors

do any of you have a Cairn that actually says words? Hollie can say "hello," "I love you," and "want food." Literally. I grew up with a husky that could talk. And Kenzie has always made interesting noises. But she's never said any actual words. The first time Hollie said "Hellloooo" my hubby and I were almost too stunned for words. And this evening, she was in Clara's room and said "I love yooooou!" Cutest thing ever!!

The only thing better than owning a Cairn is owning two!

Oh that is the sweetest. You need to catch it on a video. We would love to hear him! :)

Elsie, Max, Meeko & Lori

Do they say "I love my bank?" :D Video please!

The only thing that my two do is make weird semi-whistling sounds when they sleep - kind of a hooowhoop.

Ya know, that was a cute commercial when I first heard it and now it is starting to get on my nerves. Why do they have to use the same commercial so much - after so many reruns it does more harm than good. .... But a very good & cute comparison to Hollie. :P You are on your toes Zekey's mom.

Elsie, Max, Meeko & Lori

I would love to catch it on video, but I never know when she's going to do it!! I'd have to follow her around with the camera running! And while I would definitely get some hilarious footage, that would take up way too much of my time!! And it's not like I can get her to do it on command, either. (After all, she is a Cairn!)

I have not seen this commercial you speak of!! I watch everything from DVR and fast forward thru all the commercials. Might have to see if I can find it on youtube.

The only thing better than owning a Cairn is owning two!

Leo says hello, but also I never know when he is going to do it. Cassie just harummphs and has thirty different barks, each with their own meaning.

I would love to hear Hollie speak, but I know how difficult it is to get your Cairn to vocalize on command. Murphy, just like my late Cairn mix, Betsy Noodle, loves to vocalize. He will mimic me and tries his hardest to form words but, thus far, hasn't been able to do so. I am in process of teaching him to sing with me. Sometimes he'll do it; sometimes he just sits there and cuts his eyes at me! :P

Archived