CairnTalk

Finally new dog friendly floors!

Fudgie

I had ask for advice awhile back on new flooring for me and Fudgie. Well I finally got it! The house has been destroyed for about a month with ripping out carpet and putting in the new floor. Everything I owned was in my living room. What a mess! The installers finished up last Friday and I am now getting the house put back together and getting the Internet hooked back up. Fudgie went to grandmas everyday while they were here. She kept wanting to taste their ankles and barked like crazy when they came in her house. Anyway, I wanted to share my new floor with you guys, since you offered such good advice! I love the floors and Fudgie doesn't mind them either! The floor is sheet vinyl all through the house except for a small living room that got carpet and baby gates for night! So pretty and easy to clean!

eec152c1.jpg

75fced45.jpg

Floors look really nice!! Fudgie looks pretty thrilled over them or is she just thrilled to have the house back to normal. I agree with Idaho, the floor does not look like vinyl.

The floors look beautiful! If you hadn't had told me, I would think they were real wood. I like that they have "grooves" where the planks meet. Hmmmmm... maybe this will work in my kitchen!

:thumbsup: Looking good! Love white cupboards - I have white cupboards. Fudgie does look like he is doing a pose to show off his new floor. Is it great for sliding around corners Fudgie? :P

Elsie, Max, Meeko & Lori

Beautiful floors! As others have said, in the photos the floors look like real wood! :thumbsup:

I have no photos to submit until I get my new camera, but I redid floor in dining area & small foyer between 2 rooms. I asked for advice on this forum re best surface for my cairn, and went with having my existing wood floors scraped & sanded. I'm pleased with my results, but I have to admit, had I known sheet vinyl looked so good I might have done that instead!

P.S. My new floors previously were carpeted, which gave Ruffy very good footing when doing his "zoomies" while negotiating a hairpin turn between living room and bedroom. On the new floors, he skidded out of control a few times, but very quickly learned to adjust his speed and footing on the turn. Smart dog!

FEAR THE CAIRN!

Fudgie, would you mind sharing the name of the flooring manufacturer and the actual floor chosen? Thanks!!!

Thanks everbody! I am thrilled with these floors! So pretty and easy care. They are very realistic looking with little "dings and scrapes" already in the pattern. Also a satin sheen finish so it's not very shiny (hides dust well!) and not as slick as all other floors. The flooring is Mannington Naturals in Carolina Oak. I could not be happier and Fudgie can still zoom just fine!

Here are some close-ups. I can't believe it's sheet vinyl!!

IMG_5042.jpg

IMG_5039.jpg

Thanks for the info -- the new pics are even more spectacular!

I'm looking to replace the vinyl in my kitchen, the carpeting in my breezeway, and the painted floor in the semi-finished basement. I think the wood-look sheet vinyl will make all three spaces look spectacular, but not cause me any grief when they get messy.

Fudgie, you should get commission, or at least a referral fee! :P

Archived