CairnTalk

Update on Layla

pindrop

Layla is just on 6 1/2 months now - and I can't believe how the time has just flown. I remember posting the day I went to pick her up - I was awake at 5:00 a.m. as I was so excited to finally get her home. I can still remember the first time we went to see them and they were so tiny. Layla has given us much joy and a few irregular heartbeats with her antics. She is starting to settle down and not run after my pant legs nor bite everything in sight (including my fingers.) Oldfox keeps his hat handy for any barking sessions and I have to say this is working really well. Two weeks ago, we brought her home from the vets from her spaying and last weekend she had her rabies shot. It was near high impossible to keep her down for long after the "big" operation but she has done well. Now it's almost time to start thinking of having her stripped. We have been looking for a table as it will make it much easier. The hair is starting to part on her back and we can't find her ears for all the hair. She is now weighing 15 lbs. - and hubby and I are feeding her less as we don't want her to be overweight. She has come to like being combed and doesn't mind in the least being brushed. She is definately a great example of a Cairn. I'm enclosing two pictures - one when she was less than a month old and another one from a few days ago to see how much she has grown and how her coloring has changed.

post-5021-0-41277600-1301766431_thumb.jp post-5021-0-77238200-1301766450_thumb.jp

Husband and dog missing ...25 cents reward for dog

Idaho Cairns

Sandy, your journey with Layla has been such fun for me. I still remember the worries, the joy, the ups and downs, just as if she were my own puppy. She is beautiful. Yes, it is time for an ear trim, I think. We use a little pair of rounded end cuticle scissors to do our girls, along with some stripping shears. I have finally decided that Bonnie had to be trimmed up after someone's "Yak look" comment that was so appropriate to describing how Cairns look without trimming.

We have lightened up both dogs for the summer and they can run like the wind now--and do.

Really appreciate the update. Layla will be an inspiration for all prospective Cairn owners.

She is breathtakingly gorgeous! I'm so glad you have each other! And I'm so happy she's doing so well after her surgery!

Thanks tomatosandwich and Lynn I agree she is a pretty dog and she tries hard to be good too. I'm excited for you Lynn as you still have this whole adventure before you. Thanks also to Idaho Cairns - your help and advice has been invaluable in raising Layla.

Layla is a beauty! It sounds like it's been a wonderful journey so far. Thanks for sharing the before and after pictures. I honestly can't decide which one is cuter, puppy or young adult!

She's perfect :wub: and you've been a perfect Cairn mommy. I don't know which one of you is luckier! I always look forward to your posts and hope to read many, many more as the years go by.

I remember when you first posted and I can't believe it either that 6 1/2 months have flown bye. She has gotten to be such a big girl in that time! Layla is lovely and I am so glad things are going great for you all. :thumbsup:

Elsie, Max, Meeko & Lori

Layla is so cute. She is a very good looking Cairn. Good to hear she is calming down some. Puppies can be so rambunctious. One day at a friend's house the neighbor's door opened and a 6 month old lab got shoved out onto the deck then the door slammed shut. Later we found out they were trying to clean and the puppy thought it was play time.

I really enjoy reading about Layla and your adventures.

Cairn color change is one of those things that totally boggles my mind. Layla is so cute and transforming into a little "hottie"!

I love seeing pictures of Layla and hearing how she is doing as she is such a pretty looking Cairn!

www.cairnterriertalk.co.uk

I love seeing pictures of Layla and hearing how she is doing as she is such a pretty looking Cairn!

Ditto, she is delicious, Scruffy says she's a hottie wub2.gif

www.cairnterriertalk.co.uk

Please relay to Scruffy that Layla knows she a "hottie" but is waiting for Prince Charming - could he or Radar be the "one"?

Sandy, Layla is growing up beautifully. I remember some of her early pictures I thought she looked like a little stuffed toy and now...well it hasn't changed that much she still looks like a little doll. Layla is very lucky to have such wonderful, caring parents. Radar asks where he can sign up for the roll of Prince Charming!!

Thanks for sharing Laylo with all of us!

Lynn, Now we are all waiting for your special day!

Oh she is beautiful :-) she just looks the same as our puppy in her first picture and I hope our puppy ends up as gorgeous as she is in her second picture :-) we just had our Lab spayed too and I hated the sad look on her face on the first day but day 2 she was back to full throttle :-)

From Kerry, Molly the Westie, Peppa the black Lab, and Nessie the Cairn xx

Archived