CairnTalk

"Goosebusters"

jimnconnie

Spring is here, and with it the annual invasion of Canadian Geese. These "flying fertilizer-wagons" are attempting to infiltrate our neighborhood again this year, but Bailey & Sophie are not going to allow it. Three times today my sentinels have seen a pair of the intruders grazing on lawns across the street, and have alerted me to their presence. Quickly I leash up my trusty team, and we are out the door. It's full speed across the street, barking & yelping all the way, in a mad charge to rout the fowl enemy. As soon as they hear us they begin retreating, and then at the last moment lift off into full flight to save themselves. The only problem with our attack is that Bailey sometimes takes a real interest in the goose droppings, and kind of forgets what he is supposed to be doing. Hopefully this last skirmish, just moments ago, will be the last for today. My troops may love the thrill of battle, but their upright leader is getting "pooped" from all that running! :surrender: Tomorrow we will continue our campaign to keep our sidewalks free of goose-crap, but tonight I need rest & relaxation :beer:

Jim

Jim, Connie, Bailey & Sophie

FLOWERCHILD-1-1.jpgBAILEYSOPHIE4-22-07002-1.jpg

Go get 'um Bailey and Soph! Being a cairn is tough work. BTW, I've been trying to keep my pup away from the rabbit poop in our yard. He seems to think it's as tasty as doggie treats. :ermm:

Get 'em, Bailey and Sophie! You're all that stands between civilized life and the horror of fowl feces splattered on every surface. :lol:

Maybe you will scare them so bad they'll lay a golden egg ... no such luck huh, just white droppings. Sounds like Bailey and Sophie love their goose hunts. Keep up the good work! :thumbsup:

Elsie, Max, Meeko & Lori

There's a town on Vancouver Island where they have hired a Border collie (& owner) to keep the Canada geese away from certain areas. Maybe Bailey & Sophie can get a job!

Idaho Cairns

Our dogs have a particular interest in goose droppings--I am going to assume it is good for them, very healthy for them because they eat it and don't get sick!

Ugh to the droppings! What a great descriptive story Jim - had me smiling as I, only too well, can relate to being pooped after an exhausting walk. Although I am from Canada, rarely have I seen a Canada goose as I have always lived in a large city - however, I did get to Denver Colorado a few years back and I couldn't believe the goose droppings - not a pretty sight. I'm glad to hear the puppers keep your area clear of these poopers.

Husband and dog missing ...25 cents reward for dog

Good work, Bailey and Sophie! The droppings are the reward, right? They get a tasty treat for scaring the poop out of the geese!

I don't know if everyone overlooked one part of the story, but Jim said

Quickly I leash up my trusty team, and we are out the door. It's full speed across the street, barking & yelping all the way, in a mad charge to rout the fowl enemy.

I would love to see the THREE of them chasing the geese!! So I say... Go get'em Bailey, Sophie and Jim! :lol:

Holly ignores the geese when we go to the country park and the poop they leave behind - but went with Sandra and two of her Cairns the other day and one of them rolled around on it! result - one smelly green coated dog! Sandra put her in back of car away from the other one so that she onlu had one to bath when they got home!

Good for the threesome to chase them off! Keeping the streets/lawn clean!

www.cairnterriertalk.co.uk

Archived